***The MLPA IS HERE! TIME TO ACT!***

Discussion in 'Marine Life Protection Act Initiative (MLPA)' started by Ali, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Ali

Ali Master of Nothing Admin

Name:
    That Guy
    Boat:
    31' Innovator
    [​IMG]

Is that clear enough?

The MLPA process is almost over and it’s not looking good for the fisherman by ANY measure. TO BE CLEAR, if you are a fishermen this IS going to change where you fish and what you catch for the WORSE. This WILL put landings, tackle stores, marinas and charter boats out business. This WILL take jobs from honest, hardworking people who do what they love for a living.

What can you do?

There are two more KEY dates left in this battle. It’s NOT too late. YOU can still make a difference.

We need YOU. YES YOU! Plain and simple we need BODIES to win this battle.

The first event you can attend is your local AWARENESS RALLY. There are currently three of these organized for this Saturday September 5, 2009. PLEASE come out and bring your trailer boat, kayak, etc. with you for a PEACEFULL drive around your local Marinas and Launch Areas. There will be flyers, stickers and banners available to dress your vehicles up for the rally. PLEASE make every effort to attend and GET YOUR BUDDIES involved.

Here are links to the events:

San Diego -
    http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/ma...a-mlpa-awareness-event-sat-sept-5-2009-a.html

Meet at South Shores Boat Launch at 9 am. We will leave at 10 am, hit Dana Landing and Shelter Island along the way and return to South Shores for a BBQ/Potluck. Caravan Leaders: Maggie aka Nunyabizness1 and Mike aka Mikeylikesit

Orange County –
    http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/ma...nge-county-mlpa-awareness-event-sept-5th.html

Meet at Glenn's Tackle Shop parking lot - 1145 Baker Street, Costa Mesa at 9:00 am and leave by 10 am sharp. Caravan Leaders: Bobby Gowin and Paul Romanowski

Los Angeles –
    http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/ma...-area-mlpa-awareness-event-september-5-a.html

Meet at the Belmont Shores Pool Parking Lot, Belmont, CA at 9:30 am. We will leave at 10 am sharp and end the caravan event at Marina Del Rey Boat Launch for a BBQ/Potluck event! Caravan Leader: Dean Morrow aka Bank Robber

Please visit this thread to sign up for the potluck by location: http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/fi...159240-mlpa-event-tailgaters.html#post1467092

These Rallys are all to raise awareness for the LAST PUBLIC MLPA MEETING on September 10, 2009 . IF YOU ONLY DO ONE THING for the MLPA battle, PLEASE BE AT THIS MEETING.

Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
    6101 W. Century Boulevard
    Los Angeles, CA 90045

If you would like to learn more about the MLPA Process, please see www.YesFishing.org

If you would like to discuss the MLPA and get up to the minute news, please see Marine Life Protection Act Initiative (MLPA) -

I know a lot of you are BURNT on the MLPA issue (myself included!) but this is the final stretch and we need one last push! The awesome angler turn out at the Santa Ana meetings truly made an impact. It’s time to make ourselves seen and heard AGAIN.

Thanks very much for your support.

Ali Hussainy
    Bloodydecks, LLC

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009
  2. MikeyLikesIt

MikeyLikesIt did you say F I S H I N G ???

Name:
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat:
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
    very clear message. :appl:

WE NEED EVERYBODY!

PLEASE dont fall into the "somebody else will do it" mode......because even tho there are others "doing it", we are grossly outnumbered..........at least if you look at the actual attendence from the meetings.

I KNOW THERE ARE MORE OF US THAN HAVE SHOWN UP.......so how about it gang?

I will rent a friggin BUS if I need to to get people up to this meeting........who is with me?

3. Bank Robber

Bank Robber Hyperbolist

Name:
    Dean
    Boat:
    F/V Bank Robber

What these guys said.....

Lets get it together guys I see a lot of folks viewing this thread come on out and make it happen.

Dean

4. nunyabizness1

nunyabizness1 BD Den Momma

Name:
    Nunya
    Boat:
    S. S. Minnow
    Bring your posters signs and banners! Bring the kids and grandparents! Line the streets and cheer on those in the caravan. You don't have to pull a trailer to be part of the caravan. Drive a car with posters, or a car with a kayak! Get balloons and streamers on your car! GET NOTICED OUT THERE! GET the word out to the local media and ask if they know about this! Don't assume someone will do it for you!

Sign up for the potluck too by location: http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/fi...159240-mlpa-event-tailgaters.html#post1467092

Anyone with megaphones? We need a BBQ grill for the SD event too! THis is going to be fun!

Huge thanks to those who donated funds or participated in the auction events. This money helped to pay the costs of flyers to hand out during the event and for bumper stickers and some banners for all 3 locations! Thank you to Chuck (PoolMan) for the huge work in fundraising efforts and to Ali for the work to print and get the message out!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  5. redspagetti

redspagetti Newbie

Name:
    tommy
    Boat:
    boat less = (
    I'll be at the costa mesa one.

6. mooningu

mooningu MLPA [email protected]!& DISTURBER

Name:
    Dave Moon
    Boat:
    S.S. Rosie Palm
    Just wanted to add that I know fishing is going off right now and I see posts talking about going out Fri night and Sat.

This is no joke people !!! Please think about going out after the rally on Sat.It's just one more day. We need as many bodies as possible to make a strong showing for the media.

This is it !!! Bottom of the 9th with 2 outs. We need the big bats now !!!
    If you don't step up now you just may find your favorite tackle shop out of business the next time you drive down to it or your favorite 1/2 day boat no longer around, etc..................

7. mooningu

mooningu MLPA [email protected]!& DISTURBER

Name:
    Dave Moon
    Boat:
    S.S. Rosie Palm
    Just wanted to add if you have whistles, they work great also !! :D

8. nunyabizness1

Name:
    Nunya
    Boat:
    S. S. Minnow
    Let's hear who's in on this!!!!

9. PHOTOG

PHOTOG Voted "best Elitest"

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    divorce ate them...
    Good stuff Ali, I am driving to oregon tomorrow and wont be back for 2 days or I would attend, important shit guys.

10. Saluki

Saluki .

Name:
    Mika Tan
    Boat:
    "MoorZilla"
    Looking forward to seeing you all at these events.

Thanks again Ali & Jason for keeping this issue in the forefront of communication on BD.

Outstanding job by all of you who have worked tirelessly in getting the word out to the general public.

11. Bigfish69

Bigfish69 Dirty Fisherman

Name:
    JOHN
    Boat:
    Wellcraft V-20, 200 hp etec, 85' Holiday sportfisher
    Loud and clear,,,,I and several friends are in and are proud to do our part.

Come on people chime in and get on the boat. Its one day out of your lifes that can have a huge impact for many years to come. We need everybody to hold hands and unite on this front.

See you all there.

69R and family

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  12. ConSeaMate

ConSeaMate Legend in my own mind

Name:
    Buster Brown
    Boat:
    28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
    The magical mystery bus will be there......:rofl:

13. DaGoose

DaGoose Go pound sand

Name:
    Rick Ferguson
    Boat:
    old
    I'm IN!!!!!!!

I'll be taking the old glasspar down south from Vista to participate in the rally.

Have room for a few more in my truck if you want to join me.

Ain't giving you my halibut spots though :D

Just shoot me a pm.

Rick

14. Spyder

Spyder There Can Be Only One....

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    COBRA FISH & DIVE
    Wish I could be at the ralley but am headed up to Big Bear tomorrow.

Good luck and thanks to all of the hard working individuals.

PLEASE STOP/LIMIT THE CLOSERS!

15. Simon Bon Bowery

Simon Bon Bowery Lizard Fish Hippie

Name:
    Simon
    Boat:
    Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
    Otto's going, you better bring ear plugs.

16. nunyabizness1

Name:
    Nunya
    Boat:
    S. S. Minnow

Go to Kinkos and bring a CD with a copy of those pics of your kids fishing. Have them blow it up into poster size and use it as your sign on the caravan. For black and white, it will be about $8-$10 for a poster size printout and about $40 for color. Put a sign on it saying, "I just want to fish!" Save the future of fishing for future generations!

Great pics, make them count!

17. TUNA MAGNET

TUNA MAGNET ME MONGO

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    23' hydra-sport cc TUNA MAGNET
    The TUNA MAGNET is in. Do we have a head count yet? how many so far? I have room for 3 more window yellers if anyone is interested.

18. nunyabizness1

Name:
    Nunya
    Boat:
    S. S. Minnow
    We don't have a headcount as this is posted on various sites and people will show up without notifying us. Bring everyone you can to cheer us on!

19. sealskinner

sealskinner Retired Pimp

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Franks ho
    I'll be there.

20. TUNA MAGNET

TUNA MAGNET ME MONGO

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    23' hydra-sport cc TUNA MAGNET
    Sealskinner's got shotgun ( Or Bitch ) I have 2 more window seats in back .:2gunsfiring_v1: