madrugador

ITS ALL ABOUT THE HUNT
Jul 6, 2004
el cajon
Name
chad
Boat
26 blackman MADRUGADOR II For sale ,13'6 gregor hoopster
Glad the crew is safe . Always dreamed of a trip on this boat ...

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador

Bernhard

Nov 5, 2015
San Diego
Name
Bernhard
Boat
-
Wow, very sad to read that - one of my favorite boats in the San Diego fleet.
Most important Captain Keith and the crew are safe.

Fished with them last year and they were just great - great boat, great crew, fantastic chef and perfect service. The icing on the cake was we caught fish - won the jackpot on that trip with my biggest yellowfin so far and also on the same trip my biggest dorado.
I hope there will soon be a "Maximus II".

hilltop

lurking in the shallows
Jan 1, 2010
sb 805
Name
hilltop
Boat
sold, pangas, Intrepid, and diggin the RRIII
bummer indeed, but more so glad Keith and crew got lucky on the plucking. Keith will hopefully figure something out, my avatar is on his ride. Good Luck Keith and families, rebound is eminent.

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Glad all are safe!

Ducker!

marlyn

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
Shit happens,Glad they are all well,boats are replaceable.

stangclassic66

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
25’ Parker
Crazy! Was the Maximus a plank wood boat?

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
May 21, 2006
Frazier Park
Name
Mikee
Boat
12' Klamath Aluminium, 14' Valco
so so very happy everyone is ok. . . sux about the Maximus. She is/was a fishing machine. Keith and crew are top notch, very happy you are ok bother!

Cast Gold

hss AHHHH...hss AHHHH....
Jul 1, 2005
Tustin
Name
Kris
Boat
Mike's
Keith put so much of his life into that boat. I feel terrible for him. But, as has been already said, the vessel is replaceable, unlike her crew.

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
Glad Keith and crew member are are safe....I have fished on the Maximus twice IMO it was very nice fishing platform.......but IMO as far as amenities it was lacking, I am hoping if he gets a new boat with his insurance it will have better bathrooms and showers improved ventilation and cooling in the bunk rooms.

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Glad Keith and crew member are are safe....I have fished on the Maximus twice IMO it was very nice fishing platform.......but IMO as far as amenities it was lacking, I am hoping if he gets a new boat with his insurance it will have better bathrooms and showers improved ventilation and cooling in the bunk rooms.
David , I fished last with him and I had a Fan over my Head
and a Portable Air Conditioner on the Floor, it was
great not having the Sheets stuck to me all night

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
When I fished on the boat if you were in the forward bunks you were freezing and if you were in the aft bunks you were sweating all night......and I was always afraid of CO2 fumes IMO he needed to have both smoke and CO2 alarms in the bunk rooms.

How you been???

BangHUss

Barefoot Water Skier
Mar 10, 2005
Mission Viejo, O.C. California
Name
Lupe
Boat
Boat HO
When I fished on the boat if you were in the forward bunks you were freezing and if you were in the aft bunks you were sweating all night......and I was always afraid of CO2 fumes IMO he needed to have both smoke and CO2 alarms in the bunk rooms.

How you been???
Bitchen about the bunks on a boat and a good mans livelyhood, that is on the bottom of the Ocean. Peoples incessant complaining never cease to amaze me

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
Bitchen about the bunks on a boat and a good mans livelyhood, that is on the bottom of the Ocean. Peoples incessant complaining never cease to amaze me

Not bitchin just saying that every event has silver linings.......if Keith gets a new boat I am sure he will make it better than the Original Maximus......

Reactions: BangHUss

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
Jun 1, 2006
Lakeside
Name
Rob
Boat
sold! / cattle boat
I saw some actual pics this morning as she was listing just below the ocean surface...:eek:
Just before going into the depths..
Sucks to see a boat like that gone, just like that...
Glad crew is ok & fortunate it happened while they didnt have passengers!

Last edited:

bluewaterbum

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 16, 2012
Riverside, Ca
Name
Kim
Boat
none
I'm wondering in there will be a CG inquiry on the incident.

Just sucks when these things happen, silver lining was no passengers.

catchabigone

Fair is fair. Donate Life. Be an organ donor
Dec 14, 2006
shelter cove
Name
dave
Boat
2008 Trophy 2152, Seafoam
yes there will be a coast guard investigation. the insurance will want one for sure. I sank a boat on a lake and there was a Coastie investigation. I had my sixpac at the time so I am pretty sure about it.

aguachico

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
The boat sank and the crew lived. I wonder what the financial impact is to a commercial boat? My insurance policy would set me back to where I could buy another hull and motor, but the 100's of hours of labor would start again.

Glad the crew is safe, It's a sporty and will be back on the water again.

NoLDR

OG BD member
Mar 26, 2003
Sherman Oaks
Name
BRAD
Boat
29 Baha Cruiser NoLDR
Seems odd that the boat is "resting just below the surface". Wonder if Keith ran into the shallow water so if the boat did go under it could be salvaged. Glad everyone is ok as that situation is a Captains worst nightmare. Well at least from my perspective.

Reactions: fishpye

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Complain about bunkroom, air conditioning, heads and showers on a boat that sank? What's the positive outcome of that? Let's go find some homeless people on the street and kick some of them.

This thread should be cleaned up and closed.

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Complain about bunkroom, air conditioning, heads and showers on a boat that sank? What's the positive outcome of that? Let's go find some homeless people on the street and kick some of them.

This thread should be cleaned up and closed.
fishing with only 13 other People on the Maximus
it was Special, and the best thing was to see the Prowler
Load up with 29 Anglers as we left
I hope Keith , ends up Getting a Boat about the same Size
Because Bigger is not always Better

Reactions: Johnny J

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
There but for the grace of God go I (and most of the rest of us who take risks). Hopefully, some details will be shared that we may learn from that experience.

Although I have high-water alarms, I have decided that they are all too high -- I want them to go off before there is a bunch of water in the bilge. Since my bilges are normally bone dry, that won't be a problem.

hilltop

lurking in the shallows
Jan 1, 2010
sb 805
Name
hilltop
Boat
sold, pangas, Intrepid, and diggin the RRIII
for all of us that caught a fish of a lifetime on this vessel, and out of pure respect, please guys, knock the speculation off, we all know how hard this would hurt each of us in the same circumstance, I am glad the boys are all ok. Welcome home Keith and crew and Godspeed to you all.

Last edited:

Lotsa Luck

Oct 18, 2004
Hyatt Marina Mission Bay
Name
Don Luckenbach, 100 Ton Capt.
Boat
35' Cabo Express, Lotsa Luck II
There but for the grace of God go I (and most of the rest of us who take risks). Hopefully, some details will be shared that we may learn from that experience.

Although I have high-water alarms, I have decided that they are all too high -- I want them to go off before there is a bunch of water in the bilge. Since my bilges are normally bone dry, that won't be a problem.

I lowered all mine to just above the bilge pumps. We took on water once and found out from the high water alarm. There was 18" of water before the alarm went off and found out the bilge pump wasn't working. Not any more.

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
for all us that caught a fish of a lifetime on this vessel, and out of pure respect, please guys, knock the speculation off, we all how hard this would hurt each of us in the same circumstance, I am glad the boys are all ok. Welcome home Keith and crew and Godspeed to you all.
??? Where do you possibly see any hurtful speculation in this post?

Man have people sure become ultra sensitive these days!

Very sorry for what happened, but grateful to see that the captain and crew are all safe!!!

The unknown fisherman:p:

bluewaterbum

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 16, 2012
Riverside, Ca
Name
Kim
Boat
none
Seems odd that the boat is "resting just below the surface". Wonder if Keith ran into the shallow water so if the boat did go under it could be salvaged. Glad everyone is ok as that situation is a Captains worst nightmare. Well at least from my perspective.

If I may ask, where did you find the info that it's resting just below the surface, only thing I read was it sunk