Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463161050.806976.jpg

I just spoke to Nicole a minute ago to set the record straight before the rumors start flying. Here is the straight dope.

Keith and crew were headed uphill near Cedros yesterday at 5:30pm when the bilge alarms started going off.

The boat was taking water fast and bilge pumps were unable to keep up with the incoming water.

Fortunately a tug was close and they picked up Keith and crew very quickly. Keith is currently riding home on the tug and should be in San Diego soon.

A horrible situation for sure but thankfully no one was hurt. I'm sure Keith will be back at it on a new rig before we know it.

Ali

Last edited:

bob1825

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 11, 2007
San Fernando Valley
Name
Jason
Boat
Anyone the fits my schedule
Feel badly for them, glad they made it off the boat ok. Maximus was a good boat.

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
Damn. :shake:

had lots of good times on that boat. Boats can be replaced. Glad Keith and his crew are safe.

I bet we see a Maximus II before too long.....

Last edited:

karlk1125

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 20, 2008
Bodega Bay
Name
Karl Kobler
Boat
2008 World Cat 320 EC twin Mercury v8 300 Verado “Freedom”
Terrible to hear this :( Thank God everyone is safe.

Fleet

Thepowderblues.com
May 17, 2015
Solana Beach
Name
Fishing Jedi
Boat
BW Outrage/RHFleet.org
I kept hearing some strange radio talk yesterday between a Motherlode and Silver Bullet. Talking about souls on board etc. It was strange and as if they were talking in code. But they kept going back and forth for hours. It didn't seem like a regular fishing discussion.

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
That sucks, because I fished with Them last years for the first time
and Keith had that Boat Dialed in, I'm glad that him and Crew are
are Save and sound, and he is back on the Water soon
doing what he Loves.

ZHALVAJE

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 2, 2007
San Diego
Name
Alex
Boat
Which one is killing fish?
Relieved to know everyone is safe. I have special memories of that boat.....

Keth will be back !!

Reactions: sb_vta

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Damn scary. That was supposed to be a glass boat too. Yipes.

Croaker_King

Legendary Plier Werks
Aug 30, 2014
Orange County
facebook.com
Name
Quoc Pham
Boat
Hobie Revolution 13
I was looking forward to my first trip on the Maximus this coming summer. All of my email interactions with Nicole and Keith have been nothing but great customer service experience.

Glad the crew is safe!

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
Thanks for the facts Ali, after hearing various rumors from down
south this morning. LOL Glad Keith and crew got picked up
right away and headed home. Wishing them the best on a new boat!

Last edited:

Panic

One Cool Tuna - Panic
Sep 30, 2005
San Diego
www.onecooltuna.com
Name
Jeff- One Cool Tuna
Boat
1ft, plastic, O.C.T. One CoolTuna
Sorry for the loss, it was a great boat and had a great time on it a few years ago and had plans to fish it this summer up here. But I guess we will have to adjust the plans now... Glad the boys are good and sorry for the loss of the boat. I know he will get it replaced better than before
https://onecooltuna.smugmug.com/Fishing/Maximus-Feb-2014-PV-Mexico-Tun

Last edited:

jim isbell

Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
For us small boaters, the causes of "taking on water" are well known, and a reminder to pay attention--NO criticism towards the Captain and Crew of the lost boat--NONE. Just saying--for us, we need to look sharp and prevent "taking on water" as opposed to reacting to it after it starts happening. Then again, when we don't prevent it, it really is time for "plan B"

jim isbell

Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
View attachment 761512

I just spoke to Nicole a minute ago to set the record straight before the rumors start flying. Here is the straight dope.

Keith and crew were headed uphill near Cedros yesterday at 5:30pm when the bilge alarms started going off.

The boat was taking water fast and bilge pumps were unable to keep up with the incoming water.

Fortunately a tug was close and they picked up Keith and crew very quickly. Keith is currently riding home on the tug and should be in San Diego soon.

A horrible situation for sure but thankfully no one was hurt. I'm sure Keith will be back at it on a new rig before we know it.

Ali
It would be good to hear the cause of the water incursion--if they know and want to release it of course.

Reactions: MYNomad

Vigilant32

Nov 9, 2004
Name
G
Boat
Glad to here all aboard are safe & sound. That can be a very rough patch of water too. Scary shit can happen in a hurry out there.

Valkyrie

Coxswain
Sep 3, 2003
Channel Islands Harbor Calif.
Visit site
Name
Frank Sullivan
Boat
35ft Viking Sportfisher
I've been there, know how it feels scary sh!t. We were 20 mile out heading to SBI. When my Genset shut off. Went down to the engine room to check it out and the water was 1/2 way up the Main engines and inundated the genset. A raw Water pump on the Port engine blew a gasket and was pumping water into the bilge. Found out the automatic switch on the aft bilge pump was stuck! Luckily the manual switch worked and when I came down off plane the forward bilge pump kicked on when the water ran forward. All happened very quickly. we were lucky to catch it and were able to shut the port engine down and dewater the boat on the way back in on the STB engine. Very motivated crew with buckets also helped. they were motivated because we were going out for shark and had a deck load of chum.

Very sorry to hear of the loss of the Maximus "there but the grace of God go I'

redhammer

Aug 5, 2008
Peoria/Az./USA
Name
Eric
Boat
Fished out of the Maximus last year and it was a very nice boat.....picture in my avatar is my son holding his first dorado caught on the Maximus from that trip. Sad news glad to hear everyone made it safely off the ship.

Last edited: