RichG

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
Safe travels and enjoy this addiction... it's great. PS hope the Mrs. can enjoy your passion for the sport.

Reactions: Sbebdllh
Upvote 0

Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Off work, truck packed, co-pilot aka Mrs Nebraska loaded in the truck, heading southwest doin 75!

This community rocks! Thank you everyone. Can't wait to meet many of you Saturday or Sunday.

Nebraska
I see he took a liking to his new nickname LOL .. .( Nebraska).... Most of you I will see for dinner Saturday ..... everyone else I will see Sunday morning.

Upvote 0

DC61

Dec 28, 2011
Dana Point
Name
Paul L.
Boat
33’ Blackfin
Nebraska all kidding aside. Take your time and arrive safely. We have all taken a liking to you and want to see you get here in one piece. Take breaks and stay rested. It's a long drive through some crummy weather.
We are all looking forward to meeting you and Mrs. Nebraska!
Oh yeah, double check that you have your passport. That's the only thing that can keep you off the boat once you get here!

Upvote 0

Nebraska

Almost A Member
Dec 20, 2016
Nebraska
Name
Craig Chamberlin
Boat
Intrepid
Thanks everyone! Speed limit on I-80 in Nebraska is 75 mph. My speeding days were over 2 decades ago. Lol

Made it to Denver safe for the night. My bride drove 2 hours for me earlier this evening and that felt great just to relax in the passenger seat. Back at it in the morning

Nebraska

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Fishy have a safe trip..... Kevin have a good flight. I will see you boys tomorrow. I should be pulling into San Diego around 11 or 12 on Saturday. When Nebraska gets in I am taking him to squidco and a few other tackle shops. Mrs. Nebraska can also come along..... we just might have to stop at a shoe store for her..... LOL

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lee337

ahuntnfisherman
Apr 19, 2014
Name
larry lee
Boat
bass boat
Hey Nebraska,I don't know which route you are taking but if you pass the entrance to Mesa Verde N.P. on Colo. 160. Honk Your horn when you go by,I will hear it.Drive safe and have a great trip!!! GOOD LUCK to everybody!!!

Upvote 0

ThunderMudder

Dec 1, 2007
wishing west c
Name
nal
Boat
282 GW Sailfish F225's
10 Knots = 11.5 MPH or 18.5 Km/hr

The general speed of the LR fleet, some go a touch faster, some slower and also depends on wind, currents, waves, etc for speed made good and factor in how itchy the captain is that moment--but generally just think 10knots.

Most distances discussed in relation to LR fishing are given in Nautical Miles (ex. 960'ish to Clarion, 480'ish to Rocks), so given distance divided by 10 will give you a good estimate of the hours of travel time required.

Did i read an "eh", and it wasn't even a Canadian. Must be catching on even down in Texas.

Upvote 0

RichG

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 20, 2007
California
Name
Richard G/
Boat
none
Well Nebraska, you are in for a treat... Soda. He'll take good care of you, but not sure if he known how to handle the Mrs. There are plenty of shops for the Mrs. to shop at near Squidco and the other tackle places. Give her the credit card.

The food at Point Loma Sea Food and Mitch's is good, and fresh seafood can't be any better. I know you guy are going out to dinner, so have fun.

Nebraska, you will see three landing all close together, Fisherman's, Point Loma and H& M. I am not sure which boats are in, but do take a stroll with your Mrs. to see some pretty vessels. Big bucks we can only dream about.

It sound like all you going are totally stoke and excited. I bet the line starts at 2 AM with no one really getting any sleep tonight.

So have fun. Relax and enjoy. Wish I were going.

Reactions: Sbebdllh
Upvote 0

albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
May 19, 2006
Crowley Lake, CA
Name
Christopher
Boat
Gone but not forgotten
For those of you on the trip that I know, and also for those I haven't had the opportunity to meet as of yet.......may all your wishes and dreams be fulfilled. Go out there and slay your personal best, and then beat that with your next fish. If you are obsessed with Moby Dick, may you be blessed with an encounter, but with happier results than Captain Ahab.

I will be following the reports on Intrepid's website.

Tight lines for everyone and fair winds, following seas.

Upvote 0