wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Highliner
No report from their last 16day trip. Does anybody know how they did? Going next week on a 16dayer. Wanted a little recent info. Thanks
I didn't see any other 16 dayers on their schedule, switched them to shorter bluefin trips as far as I know. I ran into Roger, the former charter master of the trip that was scheduled for next week, he said it was tough to fill it so they opted for the bluefin trips.
As far as I know, next week the RP, the Excel, and the Star leave. Correct me if I'm wrong.

skipjackrobert

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
I think they had an issue on the last trip with a leak and came right back..

Reactions: harddrive and Bubba

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
I leave next Wed. on a 16 day on the RP. Never fished the boat. Its about time. I remember way back when I was a very young lad I dreamed someday fishing Long Range on the RP. My dream will be fulfilled very soon. I am excited to be part of this upcoming 16 day trip aboard the RP.

vegasandre

Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
was wondering what happened with this trip. they were on a 16 day and came back in 13 or 14 days . not one update on any site from the trip.

harddrive

Wish I Was Fishing!
Sep 9, 2004
West LA
Name
Min
Boat
None
Hey Guys. So, there are no rumors started. LOL

My buddies and I were on the trip that returned early. We first started off at Hurricane Banks and the fishing was none existent. We had sharks after sharks after sharks. A few wahoos, but only 2 big tuna caught in 2 days. So, we booked for the other destination.

When we got there, the crew drove under the boat and saw the reason for the water in the engine room. About a one-inch hole in the hull caused by dissimilar metals. From what Matt told us, the hole was behind a plate or something and wasn't visible. Matt and Big Ben patched the hole and they notified the US Coast Guard, who told them to come home ASAP. We headed toward the Baja coast just in case we needed to dock somewhere. We hugged the coast and came in at a normal pace, but due to the weather coming from the north, it was rather slow.

We arrived on Saturday 4 days early, where we were meet by Mark and Paul the owners of the Indy. We were all given a $4,000 refund from the trip for our troubles. Initially, we were offered $3,500, but after our union rep Victor Long spoke up. Mark settled on $4,000.

I'd like to add that Captain Matt and the Indy crew did a great job and at no time did anyone on the charter feel like our lives were in danger. We were all bummed, but better safe than sorry.

Harddrive

Fincutter

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 3, 2016
Bartlett, IL
Name
Greg
Boat
Independence
Last year I noticed water gurgling from the floor as I was getting ready to take a shower. We were two days out, and the lifeboat thought immediately came to mind. But it turns out that it was a busted water heater fitting.

DC61

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 28, 2011
Dana Point
Name
Paul L.
Boat
33’ Blackfin
The issue of dissimilar metals can be a huge deal. Similar to corrosion these things can
Often be much worse than they initially appear.

I have never fished the boat, but I have heard really good things about the operation. I wish them the best!!!!