Advertiser
Mar 18, 2004
ventura
www.wegetbit.com
Name
eric huff
Boat
none
wondering if anyone is given the crown? Wayne Allen and Gino Picciolo are OG. My old boss dick moore was collecting siloflex magnums back in the late 70's. Vintage iron/jigs was Wayne Allen, Ward Coppersmith, Chuck horton, Robert ?, Andy Zuniga and myself.

elreytut

elreytut
Jun 19, 2005
Los Angeles
Name
bob
Boat
TARPON 120. NEW RIDE
eric, thanks for this post. RIP, Ward. he was my mentor @15 years ago, when i started my jig addiction. any info on "the Book"? Phil? heard a rumor. PM if you want to keep it on the down low.

lucky enough to have met you, Gino, Ward, Wayne. wish i'd been there earlier.

here'smymule

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 17, 2010
Culver City
Name
Tony Rezzato
The collecting impulse is in many ways beyond me. I do have friends that are inveterate collectors of jigs and Penn Reels. They seem to enjoy it! But......, can anyone say they truly enjoy collecting Truline? Isn't it more like a mental obsession coupled with an allergic reaction? Recently I would have paid willingly three and a half times more than I've ever paid for one of the past. Having said many times in the last 5 years that I would never pay big bucks for one again it only took me about an hour of thinking before I warmed up to the idea. However, someone else was crazier than I was.
The picture indicates what I like to do with mine. That's just out after boarding the Royal Polaris last October for a 10-day. I believe I have a few more that are not visible. Recently I have stopped taking out a few rods. What does rods would fetch make some worthy of protection. However in the picture there are some rods that would go for a considerable amount in this day and age. It was a crappy 10 day. But I did catch a few yellowfin tuna on a brand new RD8
IMG_20191002_110715956.jpg

rodblder

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 19, 2004
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Jim
Boat
none at this time
I loved collecting them and fishing them, at one point I had over 50 really nice TruLines. Now down to about 15, gonna sell some that I thought I'd never sell, super custom fancy wraps with weaves, diamonds wraps , etc. Just too lazy to take pics.....

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
I loved collecting them and fishing them, at one point I had over 50 really nice TruLines. Now down to about 15, gonna sell some that I thought I'd never sell, super custom fancy wraps with weaves, diamonds wraps , etc. Just too lazy to take pics.....
I have a 36 I got from Jim. Beautiful wraps.
Thank you again Jim.

Reactions: rodblder

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
SAN DIEGO
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
I used to trade tackle for rod wrapping labor. I had way over a hundred truline, and some sabres and lamiglas' that were ganked from my mom and granny , when the house was robbed during a termite tenting. mostly factory rods , and a couple dozen blanks. I get a stomach ache whenever I think about it.

Reactions: mike mitchell

ironmike

ironmike
Aug 19, 2004
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
nope, need to go with you or Cattle Boats
I used to trade tackle for rod wrapping labor. I had way over a hundred truline, and some sabres and lamiglas' that were ganked from my mom and granny , when the house was robbed during a termite tenting. mostly factory rods , and a couple dozen blanks. I get a stomach ache whenever I think about it.
>:(:mad: Bummer!!