The fat lady bft has not sung yet

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by svue, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Fishingguy

Fishingguy I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker
    Not going to thread jack this. "Was" regular crew till he pulled this move.

WellFairFisher, JoshInSD and jer dog like this.
  2. Corndog

Corndog Landlocked

Name:
    Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
    Boat:
    Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
    SOOOO....I don't ever recall a partyboat heading in for seasick passengers...child or otherwise....

....in this 21st century has that changed???

Awesome catch guys! That kid is going to be stealing everyone's jackpot money one day! Internet grants access to all fisherman...

But not all fishermen are created the same ;)

3. USMCfish

USMCfish USMC-FISH

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Tuna Can
    Great report, sometimes keyboards are a bad thing ... VUE my son whom is now 27 used to get seasick often, now he owns my old trophy in the picture and has more tackle then Squid CO! Kids is a maniac and fishes all the time ... It happens and now hes solid on the water... I always told him look straight out not down and breath helped allot.. Great job on the fishing and being the dad on the water... Many kids would love that.

Fishingguy likes this.
  4. whammy

whammy Hook Up!

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    2200 XL Pathfinder
    use to get sick all the time as a kid, redondo special 1/2 day boat throwing up 10-15 times a trip but would always be excited to go the next time my dad took me out. Still can't eat mcdonald's breakfast because it reminds me of throwing up on the special but can't get enough of fishing.

I've fished with Vu and his kid and the kid is hardcore. He throws up and fishes and doesn't complain about being sick. Vu is going to create a beast of a fisherman. Good job again on the fish, wish I was there to see it.

jer dog likes this.
  5. carterantebi

carterantebi I hate fishing

Name:
    Carter
    Boat:
    Pacific Queen!
    Sure wish my dad would have taken me to catch cows when I was 8. I would gladly take a fish like that in exchange for hours and hours of dry gagging.

6. jim isbell

jim isbell Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Jim Isbell
    Boat:
    19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
    No hate from me George, I would only point out that Dad was on the scene, and for all we know, (long time sea sick guy myself) the boy was stable, hydrated and doing OK. What do I mean? I used to go on albacore boats--best deal for me because while trolling, I was much, much better, then when still fishing. For all we know, after the big flat fish, they started trolling SO THAT the boy would feel better--maybe even trolling towards home. I don't know, but I do think we need to give Dad the benefit of the doubt, yet, I do get your concern and as I said, no hate coming from me. But maybe "go slow" before jumping Dad, that's all I'm saying.

Lone Shark likes this.
  7. dctalk523

dctalk523 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    ChoeMan
    Boat:
    Never
  8. mike82

mike82 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    a fish killing center console
    BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! FUCKING AWESOME!!! ROFLMAO!!!

9. Iceberg

Iceberg Jeff

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    My roommies twin-V catamaran
    I'm turning my dad in to CPS for NOT taking me BFT fishing.

Jr., 500BBC and carterantebi like this.
  10. blackpearl70

blackpearl70 Member

Name:
    Jen
    Boat:
    31 Cabo Express

11. blackpearl70

blackpearl70 Member

Name:
    Jen
    Boat:
    31 Cabo Express
    All I can say is wow....man no offense but your visceral reaction to a man fishing with his son who got seasick and then somehow making a claim that he is a unfit father because his son wanted to tough it out to catch a big tuna is well...bat shit crazy on your part. Do me and everyone a favor on this website leave....your comments toward this man are offensive, off base and really have me pissed me and others off. I am a single dad of two boys and I know absolutely what’s best for my kids and it’s offensive for you to pass judgement and give your offensive opinion so publicly with your I don’t care attitude. Your everything that’s wrong with California and fishing and the Internet. Do me and everyone else on bd a favor and just go away. Your are an asshole.

500BBC likes this.
  12. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    After reading my posts four times I haven't been able to find where I said jack shit about how this guy should raise his kid or that he is an unfit parent or anything about him taking his son fishing. You would think that after ten years and 3,000 posts that people would have a clue what your about... I must speak a different language, so for all the shit talkers.. I know your talking because your lips are moving but I don't know what it is your saying because.... I don't speak little bitch

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  13. blubby07

blubby07 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Josh
    Boat:
    21 Parker cc , and 2556 cierra yes its a bayliner (The Dude Man)
    This post has turned:supergay:
    Great job on the fish vue

Fishingguy likes this.
  14. Black-is-Back

Black-is-Back Wishin i was Fishin

Name:
    Hey you
    Boat:
    245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
    George.

I'm sure you are a nice enough guy.

But good God dude!

That last post make's you look like a whack job man..

Here's a hint, no one gives a fuck what you think.

For Christ sakes! Go fishing George!

Fishingguy, lougio and carterantebi like this.
  15. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    Okay, I'll add whack job to the list.
    Look at the post above mine, he didn't quote my post.
    Look dude, I say enough shit to take heat over I don't need someone putting shit on me I didn't say. When I give someone shit i will quote what they said I am giving them shit about.
    So I shouldn't respond to someone saying shit that I didn't say... got it.

16. baaadlybent

baaadlybent Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    26' Striper "Baaadly Bent", 21' Bayrunner Baja "Vamonos", 15' Gregor "Little Vamonos"
    Such an annoying loud mouth. Unfortunately the internet gives every a-hole a mouthpiece to spout their crap. Go way dude.

17. bandit

bandit Bandit

Name:
    Don
    Boat:
    25 ft. Skippy/ Flybridge
    Probaly has never been on a party boat or overnighter.. D.

18. oniedab

oniedab Fishing is there anything else?

Name:
    mike hagans
    Boat:
    28ft Grady White Sailfish
    Can I borrow your kid? Looks like his chum worked pretty darn good!

500BBC likes this.
  19. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    No offense? why would i be offended? I'll leave, just show a quote of me saying this man is an unfit parent. My comments were based on his first post, so put up a quote from it that says anything that could even possibly indicate his son wanted to tough it out to catch a big tuna. maybe i missed it, can you show me how this says that? " cause my kid wanted nothing to do with fishing anymore and wanted dry land ASAP." my comments were based on that first post, SO based on that first post what was said you found so offensive, give me a quote, come on dude you can't get this one wrong... just make sure you base it on the first post. perhaps you can quote me saying anything about you NOT knowing what's best for your kids or that he didn't know what is best for his kid. Just like the others, you can't, because I never said any of that shit. If there is anything here that is visceral or offensive it is you passing judgement on me for things I didn't say.

Sorry "Black is Back" that i said something on my own behalf or that you feel i should just lay down when people talk shit about me for things I didn't say. No one knows better than I do that I am very opinionated and will share that opinion, I also listen to others and will change my opinion if it is wrong. I have read all the replies and have read my first post and the post it refered to many, many times and while my opinion of the situation and especially of the man has changed just like the information has... my opinion on the first post hasn't. that post was based on his first post and the information on it. why should i "just know" differently? If I pretended to know more, good or bad, then I would have been out of line. I don't know how to make that any more clear. so why do you think i should know more than what i was told? I take a lot of heat for what I say, but when it is for shit that I didn't say, that is bullshit.

20. gonzo25

gonzo25 GOT A BIG ONE

Name:
    george
    Boat:
    and why would I want to?