The crew…

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
Steve K
Steve K
Nick, you figured out how to apply that ignore feature, didn’t you? :)
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Yellowtail Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Excel, American Angler
    I've never been yelled at by a Captain or a crew member but I do get that "Look" from time to time when they ask me what test I'm fishing and I'm hooked up and they've been telling everyone to fish 60lb.

W
    woodfish330
    ..... laughing. Brother.... I can't tell you how many times I got called to the wheelhouse... for being "truthful" with fellow passengers about the line size I was fishing..... specifically when I was "kicking butt" fish wise.

They're true concern about anglers GETTING that fish... less heartbreak etc. means they always overstate the size.... for optimum results. I get it!
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

caveman

Almost A Member
    May 1, 2006
    windsor,ca
    Name
    charles boyd
    Boat
    20 ft. jetcraft,ciocc
    Years ago ( I think my third long range )I had the brain fart that three way swivels would make a better dropper loop rig than a spider hitch. Taro looked at my rig and warned me not to do it that way. Being the good listener that I am, and losing two nice yellowtail in a row, he grabbed my rig, said follow me, and took me upstairs to rig I t right. You could tell he was pissed but stayed quiet. Went back down, landed a really nice yellowtail. Still not a word from him. Later that day as he walked by me on the rail, I turned and said thanks for the lesson. His reply? When will you guys listen? Lesson learned.

W
    woodfish330
    Brother..... times "HUNDREDS" of guys each year. Frustration.... comes when one doesn't believe..... or needs to prove something.... or hear it over and over from many sources.

Some guys just HAVE to do it THEIR WAY. At that point..... its not a matter of "IF" he'll lose that fish.... but a matter of "WHEN". Sad either way.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

okie man

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Oct 24, 2006
    new palestine indiana
    Name
    kerry way
    Boat
    18' javalin
    16CD34F7-D476-42DC-9198-A066A37CC889.jpeg

Upvote 0

jayyyy

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 7, 2008
    NorCal
    Name
    jay
    Boat
    '04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
    Back in the day captains and crew weren't as warm and fuzzy like today, customer service has come a long way. As a 13 year old back in the late seventies on my first real long rang trip, a 10 day on the Holiday.

Steve Giffin the owner is on the tank on the first day of fishing below Cedros were fishing Yellows. I go to the tank to get a mackerel with my 40 lb rig and Giffin yells at me "this ain't Newport Beach your not getting an F'n bait without at least 80 lb test and an 8/0 hook". looking back that was pretty messed up way to talk to anyone let alone a 13 year old.

These days if I get yelled at its in good fun, like the crew yelling to reel when your hooked up on a good kite fish and they can see your arm is falling off.

W
    woodfish330
    Brother.... Griffin was "pioneering" in those days. Loved that boat.... earned my stripes fishing with him. Probably fished with you too....lol. Your right.... back then... we didn't have to be so politically correct. Even at 13 Brother.... I'm sure you've heard worse. He just didn't want you to "lose" YOUR fish. (13 yrs old or 60 yrs old)... equal opportunity ass chewing....lol. 😆
    Upvote 0
    Bill W
    Bill W
    Steve was a zombie coming back on albacore day trips. He is an example of day boat fish count oriented type. He gave me a buy one get one free deal on albie trips.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

CMYSIX

• Aug 22, 2020
    Opelika al
    Name
    Quinn L Chenelle
    Boat
    Independence
    Come on, Snorkle. You seem like you've been on your fair share of LR trips. Have you seen a captain and entire crew turn their back on one particular customer without an extremely good reason, if ever?

Read some of this guy's responses to simple questions being asked here. It honestly doesn't surprise me one bit that he almost got his ass beat on a LR trip.
    It's really too bad you can't read. The crew was wonderful, I was told in private by one of them that the captain told them to ignore me or else, they were just looking out for themselves, it was the capt. with the hard on for me as was the other asshole probably one of the capt. friends.

Bill W
    Bill W
    I worked for a skipper that pulled me aside and told me not to gaff a passenger’s albacore that was asking for a gaff. He was pissed at him. Wanna know what… I gaffed the fish. No sweat to me, he paid for the trip like everyone else.
    Reactions: hhal
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0