PENN

jigmonster

Jun 11, 2006
Long Beach,Ca
Name
Ryan
Boat
50' Gail Force - 60' Triton
109 legal lobsters in 3 trips aboard the Gail Force over the weekend! Catalina Island, salmon for bait, promar hoops, 60ft-260ft.

We have availability this Wednesday and Thursday and throughout the rest of December.
Check our schedule and book online at Gailforcesportfishing.com or give us a call at (310) 844-3814

D4F5DEC6-B103-4DCE-B7A2-4D77A5AE3545.jpeg

EA8889C2-613F-4DD5-ACBE-9F8B76517888.jpeg

51E869F2-58F4-44AF-B8F7-43A93CAEB4CE.jpeg

FE4A1026-AD9C-42B1-AE31-04ED002E0561.jpeg

47600F00-C6F3-4963-BA96-DBE2067C0EFF.jpeg

A070AB47-6B83-4820-AB5B-1581DF3775C2.jpeg

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
Nice! Damn, there must be alot of those sea roaches in the ocean..........which says something positive about the regs. :D

Reactions: downtime
Upvote 0

jigmonster

Jun 11, 2006
Long Beach,Ca
Name
Ryan
Boat
50' Gail Force - 60' Triton
I looked at the prices for these trips. I was surprised!
10 ppl max. We supply everything but your rod and reel and your licensing.
We could run for free I guess if you pay all our expenses for the winter.
Hope to see you soon!

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
pulling is all part of the fun!

It absolutely is, was hoping they pull by hand.
Saw 2 guys a month ago using an auto puller in 28 feet, are you FN kidding me!? Fucking pussies! Even I can pull nets with a broken back!

Reactions: sueno
Upvote 0

downtime

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 12, 2006
San Diego
Name
Ronson
Boat
26 Skipjack "Reel Hard"
Passengers of course, who else would do it? They pay to come out and be apart of the fun. Would you not pull your own hoops?
Crew helps if need be but pulling is all part of the fun!
I agree, the customers should pull. I was not sure who pulled, heard some boats the deck crew did the pulling. Thanks for clarifying. 260 feet is a ton of pulling!
Nice job putting bugs in the nets!

Upvote 0

"all-in"

Oct 5, 2005
Garden Grove
Name
Chris
Boat
24, Angler, All-In
I agree, the customers should pull. I was not sure who pulled, heard some boats the deck crew did the pulling. Thanks for clarifying. 260 feet is a ton of pulling!
Nice job putting bugs in the nets!

They also use around 10lbs of weight in the hoop. It's not easy if you are out of shape. Wait...round is a shape. Nevermind.

Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    If they didn't pull their own nets I'm not sure what the point of the trip would be. At that point you may as well just go to the grocery store and buy them.

Reactions: Blackfish
    Upvote 0

miaf

Apr 14, 2013
    Name
    Boat
    Do you guys drop your nets and then take off out of the area to fish and come back later to check the pots?

Upvote 0

Robdog1

Well known member
    Oct 23, 2018
    Newport Beach
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    Luhrs 32 sport, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk
    Do you guys drop your nets and then take off out of the area to fish and come back later to check the pots?
    NEVER EVER EVER EVER LEAVE YOUR NETS!!!

Seriously, besides DFG potentially coming by and yanking them, the harbor police will as well if they're left unattended, or you get some asshole who wants some free gear. I never let mine out of my sight unless it's just a quick poke around the corner of the breakwater to set outside (and even then I can see over the breakwater half the time, flybridge and tuna tower). If you're leaving them to go fish, then you're letting them sit for too long, they should be in MAX 20-30 mins, but I usually pull about every 15-20. But do not leave them, that's how stuff gets stolen or impounded.

Upvote 0

miaf

Apr 14, 2013
    Name
    Boat

Seriously, besides DFG potentially coming by and yanking them, the harbor police will as well if they're left unattended, or you get some asshole who wants some free gear. I never let mine out of my sight unless it's just a quick poke around the corner of the breakwater to set outside (and even then I can see over the breakwater half the time, flybridge and tuna tower). If you're leaving them to go fish, then you're letting them sit for too long, they should be in MAX 20-30 mins, but I usually pull about every 15-20. But do not leave them, that's how stuff gets stolen or impounded.

Thanks for the response, but that’s not what I asked in my post. My question was directed specifically towards the OP and how they run their trips.

Upvote 0

hotrail20

Skiff Life
    May 28, 2006
    Chino,Ca
    Name
    Leonard
    Boat
    Mine
    Those guys are Pros at leaving a bunch of Floating Rope to prop your boat on. Never happened to us but I have seen it happen to others. One of these days GF and Triton will learn how to weight down there tag ends and get better lights

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    jeff meeker
    Boat
    26 Blackman Billfisher

I believe there is a greater risk of having them stolen than confiscated; fortunately so far in San Diego Bay the other guys have respected my gear and left it alone as I do to theirs. I can't say that about Mission Bay. As the season goes I will frequently set 5 traps in a proven spot and explore a different area with the other 5 as the bugs move from place to place throughout the season. I am never more than 5 minutes away however. The law states you must attend your traps at least every 2 hours max, traps that are confiscated are probably due to that regulation and/ or they were set in a shipping channel and were a hazard to navigation. The SD Harbor Police frequently chases us off our deep water spots even though they are not in the shipping channel according to our GPS Plotters and Fishfinders indicating depth. a few of them threaten us with a Misdemenor Citation, but most of them just ask us to move them inside another 50' and I can live with that. If the DFG confiscates your hoops chances are great you have been under surveillance for awhile and the confiscated hoop might be the least of your problems.

Upvote 0

miaf

Apr 14, 2013
    Name
    Boat
    Those guys are Pros at leaving a bunch of Floating to prop your boat on. Never happened to us but I have seen it happen to others. One of these days GF and Triton will learn how to weight down there tag ends and get better lights

Bingo!! They need to tighten up their program and stay in the vicinity of their nets.

Upvote 0

Robdog1

Well known member
    Oct 23, 2018
    Newport Beach
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    Luhrs 32 sport, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk
    Thanks for the response, but that’s not what I asked in my post. My question was directed specifically towards the OP and how they run their trips.
    No need to get snippy bud. You could’ve stated that when you wrote it. There’s this thing called SPECIFICS. Otherwise how are we going to tell you apart from any of the 909er river rat morons trying to kill themselves and ruin someone’s night out there at any given time?

Upvote 0

angelinasdad

Captain
    May 23, 2006
    HB
    Name
    Anthony
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    They stretch their nets over a few miles and yes...lots of rope floating when there is no current.

Upvote 0
    Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    I looked at the prices for these trips. I was surprised!
    To be clear, I thought the prices were good! I was considering a trip to Cat. but my boat is too small. I will book in the future-too bad the regs do not allow for 5 hoops per person on board! It sounds like fun, and not too expensive!

Upvote 0