The Constitution - Never Again

slofishguy

Sep 26, 2022
San Luis Obispo
Name
Chad Theule
We are repeat customers of the Denette boats. We booked the Poseidon in June of 2021 and had a great experience with Hunter and crew. We just finished a trip on The Constitution with Captain Steve and crew. What a let down. The culture of The Constitution is terrible. Belittling, condescending and just not fun. My group of 6 brought our own gear, know how to fish, and were stoked to get away for 2.5 trip. No one needs the captain and crew yelling at paying customers and telling us we "f-d up". I won't book this boat again. I tried to give the captain feedback during the trip and at the end but he wouldn't listen. There are way better boats out there.

Deadlift500

• Jan 12, 2022
    USA
    Name
    d
    Boat Name
    kayak
    FYI, I am pretty sure there was a big negative thread about the same boat awhile ago, that got deleted/hidden. If you haven’t already, consider posting a review on a site like Yelp that is less likely to delete/hide negative reviews. I’ll be curious if this thread gets deleted/hidden soon.

that boat has 2.5 stars on Yelp right now, which is lower than average: https://www.yelp.com/biz/constitution-sportfishing-temecula

Upvote 0

MikeC.

Jun 22, 2019
    Torrance, Ca
    Name
    Mike
    Boat Name
    none
    We are repeat customers of the Denette boats. We booked the Poseidon in June of 2021 and had a great experience with Hunter and crew. We just finished a trip on The Constitution with Captain Steve and crew. What a let down. The culture of The Constitution is terrible. Belittling, condescending and just not fun. My group of 6 brought our own gear, know how to fish, and were stoked to get away for 2.5 trip. No one needs the captain and crew yelling at paying customers and telling us we "f-d up". I won't book this boat again. I tried to give the captain feedback during the trip and at the end but he wouldn't listen. There are way better boats out there.
    havent you already posted on facebook fishing groups and hasnt the owner and landing already addressed your concerns. You joined this group just to complain after already being contacted?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

slofishguy

Sep 26, 2022
    San Luis Obispo
    Name
    Chad Theule
    FYI, I am pretty sure there was a big negative thread about the same boat awhile ago, that got deleted/hidden. If you haven’t already, consider posting a review on a site like Yelp that is less likely to delete/hide negative reviews. I’ll be curious if this thread gets deleted/hidden soon.

that boat has 2.5 stars on Yelp right now, which is lower than average: https://www.yelp.com/biz/constitution-sportfishing-temecula
    Done.

Reactions: stuman

slofishguy

Sep 26, 2022
    San Luis Obispo
    Name
    Chad Theule
    havent you already posted on facebook fishing groups and hasnt the owner and landing already replied to you?
    That is correct. I posted a shorter note here to make sure those considering this boat are made aware. The amount of comments that were written before that original post was removed suggests that the fishing community appreciated the balanced review.

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat Name
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    cinco de mayo dancing GIF

Upvote 0

bob_marlin

• Apr 23, 2022
    chula vista
    Name
    bob marlin
    Boat Name
    Mikelson 43’
    Your YELP! whine tells me all I need to know about your "experience":

"We trolled for hours upon hours. The amount of time our poles were actually in the water was shockingly seldom."

and his very next statement was:

Thankfully our captain was able to obtain beacon coordinates for a kelp patty. We trolled 5 hours on the second day to what he referred to as "Dorado Mountain". It was an amazing experience as the boat caught 100 dorado within 20 minutes. It was "off the hook" incredible.

thanks for the honest review

seems others on yelp had the same "experience"

Reactions: squib
    Upvote 0

Papa "J"

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • May 8, 2003
    OffShore
    Name
    Jason
    Boat Name
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    You get what you paid for. Pay the extra money and go on a real LR boat. Quality.
    you know this is not always the case. I went on an 8 day somewhat recently. My friends asked me to go saying it's always a great trip so I decided to go (1st one in about 15 years) Crew was great, food was good but nothing to rave about or what I hear about on long range trips. Boat is older, AC didnt work well, very damp in the rooms, I probably got 1 of the smallest stateroom if you could call it that.

We caught a good amount of fish but I was after the "experience" which I don't think was provided, But for $4K after tip I could go on a lot of couple day trip to Mex and fill my own boat with gas..

Upvote 0

Gcarlerton

Sep 26, 2022
    Texas
    Name
    Gregory Carleton
    havent you already posted on facebook fishing groups and hasnt the owner and landing already addressed your concerns. You joined this group just to complain after already being contacted?
    I personally am vald he did. That kind of behavior is systemic and I try to stay away form that toxic Facebook.

Reactions: watersdeep
    Upvote 0

oceanjake

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 10, 2005
    Long Beach
    Name
    Jake
    Boat Name
    36’ Tiara Express
    I love when someone warns people away from repeating their bad experience and the boat groupies come out to slam the poster. He didn’t mention anything about the fishing…he said his group of clients was yelled at by the proprietor. In what circumstance is that acceptable?

Upvote 0

Kevin A

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat Name
    25' aqua sport
    Sounds about the norm for "That Boat"!

Upvote 0

Kevin A

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat Name
    25' aqua sport

That high 2.5

Upvote 0

Docholiday

Aug 14, 2020
    Lake Elsinore
    Name
    David Travers
    Boat Name
    Glaspar
    The Constitution is a good float. Mostly a limited load. Food is great. Not a wide float, but I get limits all day on it. Seems the poster author was not aware that you must ask a Captain for the depth of the school. Night fishing for Bluefin is no joke. 200 ft and more to get the cows up. The right lure with the right hooks make it happen

Upvote 0

oceanjake

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 10, 2005
    Long Beach
    Name
    Jake
    Boat Name
    36’ Tiara Express
    The Constitution is a good float. Mostly a limited load. Food is great. Not a wide float, but I get limits all day on it. Seems the poster author was not aware that you must ask a Captain for the depth of the school. Night fishing for Bluefin is no joke. 200 ft and more to get the cows up. The right lure with the right hooks make it happen
    Gonna be a very limited load if they keep yelling at clients.

Upvote 0

Latest posts