Fishingguy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
Yo BK. The output in the bait tank should have a valve on it to turn down the fill rate. I didn’t notice it on mine right away but after taking a careful look I found it.

well hot damn.... I did not know that lol

I guess second part: throttle down a 1100 pump to maybe a 3-500 gph might be a lot to squeeze down.

I dont know .

I really dont know what im gonna do yet.

Still might just run one 1100 and t it off to run the small tank if needed too. Mark said Mac and squid dont need as much as sardines.

Upvote 0

Tuna-Sniper

Tuna Sniper
Oct 26, 2015
Inland Empire
Name
tom
Boat
2018 Parker 2320 SL
How about using the same pump for the maint tank then have the main tank gravity flows to the smaller tank with valves to split water outlet.

Last edited:
Reactions: RideMX4life21
Upvote 0

RideMX4life21

Slay'n Tail
Nov 27, 2012
San Diego, CA
Name
Dustin
Boat
2018 Parker 2320
Ive been thinking about that bait bump set up a lot....heres my thoughts so far...

The current 1100 pump that comes with the boat for the small tanks is ridicoulous. it fills that 22 gallon tank in 2.5 minutes. So either that pump needs to be throttled down or changed.

I took the boat over to Mark Wisch at Pacific edge for him to take a look. He mentioned to me that you might as well just make your primary pump have a "T" for this tank as this tank is only good for mackerel or squid and it doesn't need that much at all.

For me, Ive always have so much luck on the Bait Sentry 1100. Knock on wood, but its been flawless for me. I always have an extra 1100 pump on board as well.

Im not the biggest fan of cyclone since this area still does get wet so ill be sticking to this pump.

So im not sure if im going to take out current pump, take out current thru hull to make a bigger 1 inch thru hull and just run one pump.

Its already tight down there as I do plan to install two transducers and a third 3d ducer in the future. Ive never ran a back up pump concurrently but I do bring a spare which only takes minutes to change.

David will be doing my install as well.
Billy...having a separate backup pump rigged on a switch is mandatory in my opinion. For my backup pump I’m thinking I’m gonna run the “T” off the stern tank pump and add a valve to direct/split flow. I agree the 1100 GPH is overkill for the 23 gallon tank, so splitting off that seems to be the most advantageous route. Mark is one of the best in the business, sure he’ll come up with something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fishingguy

Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
How about using the same pump for the maint tank then have the main tank gravity flows to the smaller tank with valves to split water outlet.

Im not sure how I feel about that. My guess is water flows to least resistance, so you would need to choke the drain pretty good to force the water to go up into the other tank. Im not sure if that would create more back pressure for exit water and thus affecting the main tank?

I dont know ?

Idont think there is one answer to this solution however, its going to be interesting to see all these trial and errors. :)

Upvote 0

Fishingguy

Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
Billy...having a separate backup pump rigged on a switch is mandatory in my opinion. For my backup pump I’m thinking I’m gonna run the “T” off the stern tank pump and add a valve to direct/split flow. I agree the 1100 GPH is overkill for the 23 gallon tank, so splitting off that seems to be the most advantageous route. Mark is one of the best in the business, sure he’ll come up with something.

I like your idea.....

So maybe add the 1 inch thru hull to run the main 1100 pump.... T that to the 22 gallon tank.......and then "t" the factory 1100 as a back up pump.

Probably my favorite idea yet

Reactions: RideMX4life21
Upvote 0

RideMX4life21

Slay'n Tail
Nov 27, 2012
San Diego, CA
Name
Dustin
Boat
2018 Parker 2320
I like your idea.....

So maybe add the 1 inch thru hull to run the main 1100 pump.... T that to the 22 gallon tank.......and then "t" the factory 1100 as a back up pump.

Probably my favorite idea yet
Exactly what I’m thinking bro. I talked to Kevin about this a few weeks ago and he seemed to think it was the best way. Let me know what you end up running.

Upvote 0

Fishingguy

Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
Wayne at West Coast Trailers really made it easy and affordable to get a new trailer for my parker. .....check it out here:

Reactions: A-K
Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2011
Sun Valley ID / Dana Point CA
Name
Rick
Boat
Parker 2320 SC....Omega lll
Billy and all
Great discussion. Sounds like Parker has given is a good option for s back up pump.
I’m putting in s cyclone w it’s own thru Hull
and switch. Will tee into Parker set up to use it for back up for my big tank. Appropriate ball valves to direct flow. Regarding choking
Down Parker pump ....if it’s deemed detrimental to Parker pump can tee into line to 23 gal tank and let some flow go overboard. Only if running Parker pump at full flow hurts bait.

Upvote 0

Tuna-Sniper

Tuna Sniper
Oct 26, 2015
Inland Empire
Name
tom
Boat
2018 Parker 2320 SL
you will shorten the life of a pump if you valve down which will create back pressure. Back pressure is the pump's worst enemy but if you split the flow from one pump to two tanks then you will not have enough flow to both tanks....large pick, two pumps two tanks might be a better solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: NtensiV
Upvote 0

Fishingguy

Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
Electronics package came. This is what I’m planning to run:

My Parker will run 4 evo 3 screens. 3 9 inch, 1 big 12 inch for the outside deck so my friends/passengers can see what’s under us. Will be running 2 1kw chirp transducers b175hw and b175l with Extra power from the S5100 module. For autopilot, I chose the Ap44 package and also the 4g Radar. I don’t listen to music much but added the sonic hub for those that do. For radios, I went with IcomS 605

DA987B58-DDD6-4BF8-890F-E87B6F0B9080.jpeg A4148D57-33F8-42F4-855A-2704DD335900.jpeg

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2011
Name
Rick
Boat
Billy
Can you elaborate on the S5100...read about some issues last year w finding transducers..I am also installing a B175hw and B175l...just curious if you have experience with the S5100 and it's benefits
Keep it coming boys..how many new 2320s this spring?

Upvote 0

Spoons

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
21' Center Console
Billy
Any reason you went with stainless steal transducers as opposed to bronze transducers? Just curious i have same set up b175hw in bronze

Simrad discontinued the Bronze model and now only contracts airmar to produce the SS model.

If you're dead set on Bronze, you can still get a B175hw garmin model and cut off the plug and splice in the correct simrad connector.

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2011
Name
Rick
Boat
Billy and other 2018 2320 owners and soon to be owners ( and anyone else..)
Since this is Billy's build thread not sure if i'm out of line posting what i'm planning for my new 2320...your thoughts

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
Guys,

The solution you're looking for is a bait tank manifold. It allows you to run multiple tanks and pumps while you direct the flow location and rate. They are really simple to make and I wouldn't own a boat without one. If your bait pump dies, you simply close one valve and open another and hit your back up switch.

I dont' have time to sketch one out but heres' some good info from Mark Wisch that will get you in the right direction:

https://pacificedgetackle.com/custom.aspx?id=191

attachment.php

Upvote 0

7raptor

happy to be here
Sep 18, 2004
The Islands
Name
yup
Boat
A Big One
Guys,

The solution you're looking for is a bait tank manifold. It allows you to run multiple tanks and pumps while you direct the flow location and rate. They are really simple to make and I wouldn't own a boat without one. If your bait pump dies, you simply close one valve and open another and hit your back up switch.

I dont' have time to sketch one out but heres' some good info from Mark Wisch that will get you in the right direction:

attachment.php

Now that’s beast mode.

Upvote 0

InDeepShip

Nov 5, 2017
SD
Name
Adam
Boat
N/A
Guys,

attachment.php

Do you have pumps feeding both sides?

Upvote 0

Bullshipper

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 4, 2006
Yucaipa/San Carlos, Sonora
Name
Jeff
Boat
Prokat 26
I am really amazed at the amount of knowledge being shared on this forum, and would like to contribute in a small way.

Diaphram or piston pumps will not last their full service life if valved down creating excess pressure. But if you are running open impeller centrifugal live well pumps like a rule, mayfair, johnson, then valving down will actually reduce the amount of amperage (heat) that the motor produces as it puts out less water and does less work, even at higher pressure. Letting these pumps run wide open can burn them out faster as the amperage can go over what they are designed to lift. So when setting these up, I suggest you check the amperage to make sure you are not exceeding the pumps rating to maximize its life, valving down a bit so that each live well gets the flow its inhabitants like, especially when running fast forcing more water through the high speed pickups than when on the drift. Your amp meter will confirm what I am telling you as you open and valve down.

PVC ball valves work just like on off seacocks, but are are difficult to use if you want to regulate the amount of flow to 2 different sized live wells or livewells running at different water levels or distance from the same pump. Bronze gate valves are much more precise and will not clog either.

These little bait pumps come with very thin stranded wires.If some of those wired break /corrode it will also increase the resistance and amperage (heat) to their motors. So I personally like to add a little 4200 to the soldered splice prior to putting the shrink tube over that so that it squeezes out the tube when heated. This assures me that everything is now water proof even when under water.

Working in the bilge is a terrible job, so I hope this also saves you some time down there.I use the cheapy pumps, and have not had to replace one in 20 years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

InDeepShip

Nov 5, 2017
SD
Name
Adam
Boat
N/A
I am really amazed at the amount of knowledge being shared on this forum, and would like to contribute in a small way.

Diaphram or piston pumps will not last their full service life if valved down creating excess pressure. But if you are running open impeller centrifugal live well pumps like a rule, mayfair, johnson, then valving down will actually reduce the amount of amperage (heat) that the motor produces as it puts out less water and does less work, even at higher pressure. Letting these pumps run wide open can burn them out faster as the amperage can go over what they are designed to lift. So when setting these up, I suggest you check the amperage to make sure you are not exceeding the pumps rating to maximize its life, valving down a bit so that each live well gets the flow its inhabitants like, especially when running fast forcing more water through the high speed pickups than when on the drift. Your amp meter will confirm what I am telling you as you open and valve down.

PVC ball valves work just like on off seacocks, but are are difficult to use if you want to regulate the amount of flow to 2 different sized live wells or livewells running at different water levels or distance from the same pump. Bronze gate valves are much more precise and will not clog either.

These little bait pumps come with very thin stranded wires.If some of those wired break /corrode it will also increase the resistance and amperage (heat) to their motors. So I personally like to add a little 4200 to the soldered splice prior to putting the shrink tube over that so that it squeezes out the tube when heated. This assures me that everything is now water proof even when under water.

Working in the bilge is a terrible job, so I hope this also saves you some time down there.I use the cheapy pumps, and have not had to replace one in 20 years.
Do not use a gate valve to throttle use a butterfly or a globe valve. Gate valves may be cheap but they are terrible for throttling because you can mess up the seat causing it to not seal properly

Upvote 0