The Build Begins... New Model 2018 Parker 2320 (new transom)

Discussion in 'Parker Boats - The Tradition Continues' started by Fishingguy, May 22, 2018.

1. rsrutkowski

rsrutkowski Rick

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Parker 2320 SC....Omega lll
    Regarding the kicker issue: My, now sold 2120, was set up to fish salmon/hali in the PNW and Canada so I had the opportunity to see how it would be useful here in So Cal...On that boat it would push it along at 10 mph so getting home was a benefit ( I also have Vessel Assist)..but where it really shined was ball bouncing for hali around DP..My 200 on the old boat wouldn't go slow enough even dragging a bucket...tried dragging a sea anchor also..PITA...I'm going to put my Yama 9.9 on my new 2320..The new angled bracket presents a challenge..Eric Denton at Parker is working on a kicker bracket for the new boats...
    Billy re my ? about a backup bait pump...I guess we can always transfer bait to the small tank if need to but that means loosing maybe half the bait...Any thoughts on this...Rick

2. Fishingguy

Fishingguy I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker

Ive been thinking about that bait bump set up a lot....heres my thoughts so far...

The current 1100 pump that comes with the boat for the small tanks is ridicoulous. it fills that 23 gallon tank in 2.5 minutes. So either that pump needs to be throttled down or changed.

I took the boat over to Mark Wisch at Pacific edge for him to take a look. He mentioned to me that you might as well just make your primary pump have a "T" for this tank as this tank is only good for mackerel or squid and it doesn't need that much at all.

For me, Ive always have so much luck on the Bait Sentry 1100. Knock on wood, but its been flawless for me. I always have an extra 1100 pump on board as well.

Im not the biggest fan of cyclone since this area still does get wet so ill be sticking to this pump.

So im not sure if im going to take out current pump, take out current thru hull to make a bigger 1 inch thru hull and just run one pump.

Its already tight down there as I do plan to install two transducers and a third 3d ducer in the future. Ive never ran a back up pump concurrently but I do bring a spare which only takes minutes to change.

David will be doing my install as well.

RideMX4life21 likes this.
  3. rsrutkowski

rsrutkowski Rick

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Billy
    So is the pump from Parker the SenturyShuflo 1100? That makes life easy for me.. ..A tee as you mentioned with ball valve to slow it down for small tank and use as back up if needed and then Cyclone as main pump..Yes wet area a concern but clear isinglass installed in bilge area to keep water off equipment can take care of that (Tony at FBU told me about that years ago).
    I've had the 800 on my 2120 w a 32 PE poly tank Pump worked great until it didn't...
    I went through 3 in one year..West Marine thought may have a bad batch..Maybe
    was just with 800...I thought Mark is a fan of the Jabsco cyclone? My understanding is that they have a ss impeller so small debris get chopped (That's why I am not putting in a particle filter.)..Had them before and just clogged up with small stuff that should just go through system..Plus access to clean it looks aweful.
    I ordered my boat without porta potti plumbing..takes up behind seat storage..Im going to move my bench seat out towards centerline..looks like maybe 3"...then
    put a hinged starboard shelf attached to back of bench that will be about 10-12" below seat cushion...below shelf = storage for not often needed items and on shelf plano tackle boxes and lure wraps..Not sure how high that square access hole behind bench is.... (where potti hoses run) but may be useful as shelf support.
    I'll post some pics of some of the stuff i built for the new "Omega lll"
    Rick

4. Jmart233

Jmart233 Member

Name:
    Joe Martin
    Boat:
    2016 Parker 2320 Sport Cabin
    Yo BK. The output in the bait tank should have a valve on it to turn down the fill rate. I didn’t notice it on mine right away but after taking a careful look I found it.

5. Fishingguy

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker
    The pump from Parker is a Shurflo Piranna..... Ive heard mixed things about it. Hence, im just going with old faithful with the bait sentry 1100.

We may not be on same page here...but I didn't want to throttle that 1100 down, since you would need to throttle it down too much for a 22 gallon tank...

Yes, Mark is a fan of the cyclone. but again, water can still get in there through the bow, anchor locker ( found that out Friday ) and it took quite a bit of water but im sure your miles may vary. Im just going off experience.

Ive never had any clogging issues as well.

I too didnt have them plum the bathroom nor did I have them install the tackle center on the bench seat but who knows...I might remove that bench seat and install a yeti.

6. Fishingguy

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker

well hot damn.... I did not know that lol

I guess second part: throttle down a 1100 pump to maybe a 3-500 gph might be a lot to squeeze down.

I dont know .

I really dont know what im gonna do yet.

Still might just run one 1100 and t it off to run the small tank if needed too. Mark said Mac and squid dont need as much as sardines.

7. vipertom1970

vipertom1970 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    How about using the same pump for the maint tank then have the main tank gravity flows to the smaller tank with valves to split water outlet.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  8. RideMX4life21

RideMX4life21 Slay'n Tail

Name:
    Dustin
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320
    Billy...having a separate backup pump rigged on a switch is mandatory in my opinion. For my backup pump I’m thinking I’m gonna run the “T” off the stern tank pump and add a valve to direct/split flow. I agree the 1100 GPH is overkill for the 23 gallon tank, so splitting off that seems to be the most advantageous route. Mark is one of the best in the business, sure he’ll come up with something.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  9. Fishingguy

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker
    Im not sure how I feel about that. My guess is water flows to least resistance, so you would need to choke the drain pretty good to force the water to go up into the other tank. Im not sure if that would create more back pressure for exit water and thus affecting the main tank?

I dont know ?

Idont think there is one answer to this solution however, its going to be interesting to see all these trial and errors. :)

10. Fishingguy

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker
    I like your idea.....

So maybe add the 1 inch thru hull to run the main 1100 pump.... T that to the 22 gallon tank.......and then "t" the factory 1100 as a back up pump.

Probably my favorite idea yet

11. RideMX4life21

RideMX4life21 Slay'n Tail

Name:
    Dustin
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320
    Exactly what I’m thinking bro. I talked to Kevin about this a few weeks ago and he seemed to think it was the best way. Let me know what you end up running.

12. Fishingguy

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker
    Wayne at West Coast Trailers really made it easy and affordable to get a new trailer for my parker. .....check it out here:

A-K likes this.
  13. rsrutkowski

rsrutkowski Rick

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Billy and all
    Great discussion. Sounds like Parker has given is a good option for s back up pump.
    I’m putting in s cyclone w it’s own thru Hull
    and switch. Will tee into Parker set up to use it for back up for my big tank. Appropriate ball valves to direct flow. Regarding choking
    Down Parker pump ....if it’s deemed detrimental to Parker pump can tee into line to 23 gal tank and let some flow go overboard. Only if running Parker pump at full flow hurts bait.

14. vipertom1970

vipertom1970 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    you will shorten the life of a pump if you valve down which will create back pressure. Back pressure is the pump's worst enemy but if you split the flow from one pump to two tanks then you will not have enough flow to both tanks....large pick, two pumps two tanks might be a better solution.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    NtensiV likes this.
  15. rsrutkowski

rsrutkowski Rick

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Tom
    Yes back pressure is bad for pump...has anyone actually used the tank/pump set up from Parker? Maybe it’s ok.

16. Fishingguy

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker
    Electronics package came. This is what I’m planning to run:

My Parker will run 4 evo 3 screens. 3 9 inch, 1 big 12 inch for the outside deck so my friends/passengers can see what’s under us. Will be running 2 1kw chirp transducers b175hw and b175l with Extra power from the S5100 module. For autopilot, I chose the Ap44 package and also the 4g Radar. I don’t listen to music much but added the sonic hub for those that do. For radios, I went with IcomS 605

DA987B58-DDD6-4BF8-890F-E87B6F0B9080.jpeg A4148D57-33F8-42F4-855A-2704DD335900.jpeg

17. MeloStorm

MeloStorm Newbie

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    Bayliner Trophy 2002 WA
  18. InDeepShip

InDeepShip Ah ship

Name:
    Adam
    Boat:
    In my Dream's