wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
I pulled a multi season elk tag. Haven’t shot archery for over a decade. The old bow is a bit of an antique by today’s standards. Not wanting to drop $1k on equipment for a single hunt, I hit some folks up for archery gear they weren’t using. Found a good bow, but needed arrows. Needed to be a bit longer on the draw too. I’m a 29”, bow is 28.5”. No biggie. Hit up a few guys about any contacts for arrows. @missedagian (runs a Grady White Tigercat) said he has 20-30 dozen laying around. Would see which would work for my loaner setup. Apparently he used to shoot competitively. We got to talking about draw length, poundage, etc and it started looking like I should just walk the bow into a shop, drop some cash, and get things dialed in.

Anyway, he sends me a pic this morning.
69471A71-DCCA-442E-A616-B56BE111A340.jpeg

Arrows are ready, but they come with a tuned bow for a 29” draw. Just need to tell him whether I want a single adjustable sight pin or multiple pins. :lux::lux: Slight problem is that the strings are Montana State University colors. Hopefully my body won’t reject holding it:frehya2:

Need to buy a couple targets for around the house.

Based on his screen name, I better get to practicing...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Waterdog~

Just one more
Sep 1, 2009
Hollywood
Name
Brian
Boat
Tiderunner
Upvote 0

missedagian

Jun 30, 2016
Puyallup
Name
Nathan
Boat
Grady White F26 Tigercat
Glad I could help out! I was just thinking the other day that I need to go through some of my archery stuff because I'm running out of room to store tuna gear and apparently the kitchen counter and living room shelves aren't good spots :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

dragonballs

I'm off probation
  • Mar 28, 2008
    Arlington WA
    Name
    Vance
    Boat
    40' ocean sport fisher
    Good luck Larry. Looks like a nice set up.

Upvote 0

Odin7

Doug Fir
    Apr 19, 2008
    The Sunshine State
    Name
    George
    Boat
    Soon
    I haven't shot an elk yet. Beautiful animal.

Deer hunting in the Cascades a couple of years ago, a herd walked through me close enough to stick with a spear.

Good luck out there! The opener is just around the corner.

Upvote 0

PNWMatt2016

Sep 12, 2016
    Bothell
    Name
    Matt Frazier
    Boat
    Need One!
    Go Bobcats! MSU alumni here! Laurence do you have a place to hunt archery? If not, PM me! Congrats on the multi

Upvote 0