THE BREAKERS,SAN QUINTIN BAY FISH REPORT.

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
1/19/19 windy and cold yesterday sock'd in today,vis 150',full moon ripping tide and current no wind,swell 8 to 10 at 15 seconds...not bad for mid jan in the eastern pacific,the yellowtail fishing was ok,i was fishing with team los guapos,we went 10 for 15 hook ups,fish were from 10 to 20 nice and fat,hard pulling,sock in all day,dosent happen often But it douse happen,fish'd the brakers aka el 240,with the bigger swell and a ripping current the high spot was exposing its self,i have this high spot VERY well maked on my gps but with limited vis and fishing neer by our pucker factor was 10,10 beening highest,HaHa,by mid day and low tide it was breacking often,take a look.
IMG_5642.JPG

IMG_5647.JPG

IMG_5650.JPG

IMG_5649.JPG

IMG_5652.JPG

id say its 8 to 10 feet out of water,dagerous looking and dangerous felling,we stop'd fishing got within a 100 yards from thr highspot and took pics and vid,a sense of ergency was running tru my body,like fear,i felt alive and full of life,Escard,OK ennoff of that lets go fishing.
team los guapos,cap'n dan,tony,matt and mr brent.
part of the bay was clear,we made easy baite.
IMG_5597.JPG

good fun amongt good friends
IMG_5627.JPG

cap'n dan,el mas guapo.
IMG_5634.JPG

we play,life good.
IMG_5635.JPG

one for the road.
IMG_5659.JPG

they were huge that season cap'n brent.
IMG_5655.JPG

my friend mr rick wooddley and his fishing wife miss Kelly,rick on fish....always.
IMG_5630.JPG

captain tito off to the fishing grounds.
IMG_5588.JPG
IMG_5651.JPG IMG_5592.JPG

Last edited:

richardblufin

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 23, 2009
POWAY CA
Name
Richard Jones
Boat
Bigger is Better Thats what she said
I saw that rock a few months after the Fishing Fool sunk out in that area. You could have surfed the breakers.I was on the Holiday I yelled at at capt Giffin . Lets get the hell out of here.

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
RIP.

BAJA FISCHER

Apr 27, 2007
Encinitas
Name
Cap'n Dan
Boat
KeyWest 2300 Bluewater "Cap'n Atun II"
We had a great time as always Cap'n Juan. Thanks for all you do do put us on the fish. Good times and a lot of laughs..

Any one looking for some good winter yellow fishing, now is the time to head down to SQ!

Reactions: Captain Juan SQ

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
Awesome shots of the 240 rearing it’s ugly head.
gracias chato,come on down,winter yellowtails are in,all like you likum on iron.

Reactions: denis

castone001

Jun 3, 2013
Murrieta
Name
Chris Stone
Boat
Dos Viejos
nice report there Mr. Juan :) yup I remember you pointing that damn rock out to us couple years ago. It wasnt that high out of the water. Totally understand your pucker factor!! :)

Reactions: Captain Juan SQ

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
nice report there Mr. Juan :) yup I remember you pointing that damn rock out to us couple years ago. It wasnt that high out of the water. Totally understand your pucker factor!! :)
good to see you on this forum mr stone,hope to seeya in Gonzaga or bola this coming spring/summer,fishonnn.

Reactions: denis