the bluefin mess in mexico

cdtuey

Mar 8, 2009
anaheim, CA, U.S.A.
Name
chris tuey
Boat
n/a
You know i read a lot of comments about how f-up mexico is and how much every one is unhappy with what they have done with their laws and regulation. It is simple people just take your money else were I'll say it because no one else has BOYCOTT mexico if your unhappy with what is going on. Just my 2 sense.I have a time share in cabo that I refuse to go to because I don't like what goes on in mexico.

Upvote 0

CHUBACA6

Jul 29, 2007
LA
Name
Oscar
Boat
none yet
You know i read a lot of comments about how f-up mexico is and how much every one is unhappy with what they have done with their laws and regulation. It is simple people just take your money else were I'll say it because no one else has BOYCOTT mexico if your unhappy with what is going on. Just my 2 sense.I have a time share in cabo that I refuse to go to because I don't like what goes on in mexico.

Cool, I take it you won't be having Lettuce and Tomatoes in your sandwiches either? Lemonade etc….

Upvote 0

cdtuey

Mar 8, 2009
anaheim, CA, U.S.A.
Name
chris tuey
Boat
n/a
I do what I can to buy mostly made in the usa. I fish with avets and look for made in the usa for everything else. I get most of my lettuce, tomatoes, and any other veggies from the local farmers swap in town. So you might say I do what I can to not send my money to mexico or any other country for that matter.

Upvote 0

CHUBACA6

Jul 29, 2007
LA
Name
Oscar
Boat
none yet
I do what I can to buy mostly made in the usa. I fish with avets and look for made in the usa for everything else. I get most of my lettuce, tomatoes, and any other veggies from the local farmers swap in town. So you might say I do what I can to not send my money to mexico or any other country for that matter.

I also try my best to buy products made and in the US. Just wanted to make the point that boycotting doesn't do any good if we're not FULLY committed to it.

Upvote 0

cdtuey

Mar 8, 2009
anaheim, CA, U.S.A.
Name
chris tuey
Boat
n/a
yes I grew up in the san joaquin valley I have had all the jobs that they say americans won't do like picked grapes, tomatoes, peaches, nectarines, lettuce, and held every position possible in the packing houses.

Reactions: ConSeaMate
Upvote 0

CHUBACA6

Jul 29, 2007
LA
Name
Oscar
Boat
none yet
you said that if I boycotted mexico I couldn't have them on my sandwiches ??

LOL, a lot of the produce that is in our supermarkets come from Mexico. Since you buy local you got it covered, enjoy your sandwiches! lol

Upvote 0

cdtuey

Mar 8, 2009
anaheim, CA, U.S.A.
Name
chris tuey
Boat
n/a
when mexico wanted the fmm I quit buying the mexican fishing license, now when I want to go fish for rockfish and other bottom dwellers I will be going out of ventura they get just as many if not more from the channel Islands than they do from the nado's I even think they get bigger bottom fish from the channel Islands.
If all the socal fisherman just quit buying a mexico fishing license for one year it would be enough money that mexico would notice. But to get to my point in the first place everybody either needs to stand up for what you think is right or quit complaining about it.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Way to make a stand Chris.......can't sit back and bitch if you are not willing to do something......

Reactions: simmo13 and cdtuey
Upvote 0

drseiler

Super-Model
Mar 19, 2006
Camp North-Star
Name
Hal Danish or Harry Tators
Boat
19' Mako
Everyone feels differently about Mexico and the policies it carries, yes I am not a fan of most of it. Caused me to walk away from a very nice home my wife and I had there, I miss that home everyday as I caught YT 100 yrds from shore. So I get your time share feeling. On the other hand my gripe is if your 20+ miles off shore what would it matter if you as a private boater caught a couple blue fin. They let Japan rape the waters at will and tell us we can't keep some fish. I buy a lot of American products first but something's do come from Mexico. I like Mexican coke out of the glass bottle better than the usa's in a plastic bottle or can. Oh and I love Pacifico beer. It's always something with fishing down there the last few years. It's all money related I am sure. The highest bidder always wins.

Reactions: Ultimate Catch
Upvote 0

GoldChops

Fish fetchin' dog
May 8, 2014
San Pedro
Name
Chops
Boat
Yes
Wow. Just wow. I can't boycott Mexico because I like it too much. The people that need the money aren't behind the regulations or lack of. I bring books and clothes for the kids of Baja. Besides when it come to lettuce, I buy lettuce at Costco from a farmer in Mexico who immigrates to the US and then the next week I buy it from him here! Everybody wins!!!! Yippee

Reactions: jumpin jack flash
Upvote 0

CHUBACA6

Jul 29, 2007
LA
Name
Oscar
Boat
none yet
most lettuce and tomatoes come from central Calif.

Probably true for the late Spring and Summer months, but for the Fall and Winter and early Spring a lot of the fruits and vegetables come from Mexico and a little might make it here from Florida. (Citrus)

Upvote 0

GoldChops

Fish fetchin' dog
May 8, 2014
San Pedro
Name
Chops
Boat
Yes
I agree with that. There are 2 organizations I work with. They are the midnight mission and loaves and fishes. Both are good places to volunteer. I problem is that when I head down to Baja with new AVET reels and custom wrapped Calstar rods, I want to help them too. Which I do.

Reactions: cdtuey
Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2009
BAJA SUR
Name
DA RAT
Boat
NONE
i think we really need to think things out about not buying mexican licenses, fmms' and boycotting things mexico.

my initial thought was how it would hurt the american fleet that goes into mexico on 3/4 day to multi day trips and how it would affect the boat owners, captains, crews, bait receivers, tackle shops, etc., etc., etc.

also, think about our friends like k&m, captain juan, garcias, tito's, the old mill hotel, old mill restaurant, jardines, etc., etc., etc.

they didn't have anything to do with the closures and will suffer if we boycott all things mexico.

not using a timeshare is a personal choice but not going to fish in cabo or the east cape or any of the baja landings only hurts the people that had nothing to do with
bluefin embargo.

let's let the politcal people try and work things out and go from there.

just my .02 cents.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Upvote 0