JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
"007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
MAY SEEM LIKE A DUMB QUESTION BUT WHEN YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT THE BLOCK IS THAT THE FISH MARKET? WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE IF YOU BRING IN A BUNCH AND WANT TO SELL SOME? NOT THAT I HAVE THAT PROBLEM I USUALLY RELEASE MY MARLIN EITHER ON PURPOSE OR ACCIDENTALLY AND ONLY CATCH ENOUGH TO SHARE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
MAY SEEM LIKE A DUMB QUESTION BUT WHEN YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT THE BLOCK IS THAT THE FISH MARKET? WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE IF YOU BRING IN A BUNCH AND WANT TO SELL SOME? NOT THAT I HAVE THAT PROBLEM I USUALLY RELEASE MY MARLIN EITHER ON PURPOSE OR ACCIDENTALLY AND ONLY CATCH ENOUGH TO SHARE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
So yes the block (daily auction except Sunday) is at pier 38 near Nico's and POP. Since your time is fairly short i'd try to find someone that maintains a commercial fishing license and sell it under their tag. Or you can get your own, you'll be required to fill out monthly reports and there is a protocol to follow as far as fish preparation.

JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
"007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
Pat appreciate the reply. Do they mind guys coming by to check it out? I remember going to the Florida and Boston fish auctions and they were pretty chaotic. When I get back I'll inquire about guys with comm licenses.

CMonster01

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 13, 2008
Honolulu
Name
Clifford
Boat
Big enough to float without it
I rarely have problems checking out what is brought in, so long as I have my boots and it's not too late. Mr. Mele (security guard) is a good guy to know.

navyaircrew

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 27, 2007
Trollin' Dirty 96744
Name
Scott
Boat
2001 Pro-Line 20 Walk
wanna make Mele happy, give him a big aku... that's what's up... he's cool... it's really important to go to the block, well for me it was... to see how to properly care for fish once caught... you can see the difference in the fish all in front of you... get there about 0530 when it starts.. it's like watching the sunrise... it's busy as can be but you'll see where you need to stand.. i even ask some questions sometimes to the NON busy bidders... they'll tell you what they look for... all longline boats get auctioned off first... trollers go towards the end of the auction.. like 7 am or so ... on the weekend, ou can see what was dropped off.. but they move SAT's fish into a different room, so if you go on sunday at Noon when they open up, you might not see what was dropped off on saturdays... mahalo