Not open for further replies.

spectra19

Jul 10, 2009
Socal
Name
Spectra
Boat
n/a
Like I said to so many people, never fish the old Mustang. Had the same trip in the in the mid 2000's. The boat is cursed. There's no charge for the cigarette ashes on your burger. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Upvote 0

Hugo Bendo

Hugo Bendo
May 23, 2009
San Marcos
Name
Frank
Boat
unknown
Gabe, sorry you had a bad trip. I will NEVER fish a Taft owned boat. The last time was around 5 years ago. Almost the same as yours. FUCKED ! Can't wait for the Pride charter in less than 2 weeks. It is going to be a Great one.

Johnny, Simon,Tommy,Gabe and of course Alex. I'm in . Would really like to meet Mr.
Seawreck ! Hahaha.

Sorry guys but I have to !
Brandon. Go DICK yourself. No room for you on here !

Upvote 0

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
I,m surprised that the boat was dirty, because two week,s ago they had a coast guard inspection,
And found bed bug,s and had too tent the hole boat, and replace the carpet in the bunk room, it,s the first time I ever seen a boat tented.
Eeeeek! Oh hell no!!!

Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
Upvote 0

Bud B

Fear the Kraken
Dec 5, 2004
Name
Bud
Boat
Spotfin
Me, my buddy Marcus and a couple of his hard, pipe hittin friends would like to join the BD Sea Trek Charter?

Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
I just need Fred to be in on this and I will work on booking spot. We must look into how to mutiny according to maritime law,,,or
Me, my buddy Marcus and a couple of his hard, pipe hittin friends would like to join the BD Sea Trek Charter?

Sweet, Bud the fish crushing Mofo's in!

It will be good to fish with you again... :D

Upvote 0

Kenchisan

May 20, 2009
Thousand Oaks
Name
ken
Boat
I found out the hard way about boats
those bedbugs are like herpes.....after the fun you take 'em home in your clothes and they just keep on giving.

OTOH,might of been planted from a previous customer out for revenge.

Can we refer to the boat as "the Breaking Bad'?

Upvote 0

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
Wow! I will never, ever, complain about the hassles of owning my own boat from now on. In fact I'm gonna go out and give it a big kiss right now.

Ditto that. Gonna throw an extra few buck into her this winter just because she keeps me off of stupid situations like this.

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
Nice report and the outcome sucked! Good attitude!

Reactions: jacknpole
Upvote 0

stucktip

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 3, 2011
OG Spring Valley, currently- North Park, San Diego
Name
Gabe
Boat
Whatever
Upvote 0

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
Upvote 0

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
Jun 1, 2006
Lakeside
Name
Rob
Boat
sold! / cattle boat
Sea adventure 80 is owned by scott mcdaniels. Different boat than the sea adventure 2 which is a taft boat
SAN DIEGO — A chartered fishing boat ran aground in Mexico about 15 miles south of San Diego early Friday morning, and 22 passengers were rescued from the 62-foot commercial vessel, the Coast Guard said.

The Coast Guard received a mayday call from the Sea Adventure II about 1:20 a.m., saying it had run aground near the South Coronado Island and was taking on water an at unknown rate. An MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter and a Coast Guard cutter responded, as did a San Diego Harbor Police response boat, officials said.

“Everyone was brought onto the Coast Guard cutter,” said Petty Officer 1st Class Allyson Conroy.

Four crew members remained on the boat, which had pumps that were able to keep up with the flooding.

“I’m hurtin’ over this whole thing,” said Chuck Taft, the boat’s captain. “I was in the bunk in the wheelhouse, and I really can’t give you a 100 percent answer about what exactly happened.”

Taft said a crew member had checked the boat’s navigation map and had thought the boat was at least a half mile from the Island.

“He went below to check the fish hold, then we hit,” Taft said. “It’s the most unfortunate thing and just ruins 45 years of good boat driving.”

Taft said the U.S. Coast Guard has commended him and his crew for the manner in which they handled the emergency at sea. No one was injured, he said.

“We just patched the hole and drove her back home to the dock,” Taft said. Taft said he and his crew have taken drug and alcohol tests as required by the Coast Guard.

Three Coast Guard crew members stayed on the Sea Adventure II. The boat was able to make it under its own power to a dock in Chula Vista, where crews planned to inspect it to see whether any fuel leaked as a result of its grounding.

The passengers were transferred to a San Diego Harbor Police boat and brought into H&M Landing, Conroy said.

Initial reports indicated no pollution due to the grounding, which happened 13 miles south of San Diego in Mexican waters. Mexican authorities have been notified of the incident.

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
Should have read the yelp reviews before commiting to the trip...:D

http://www.yelp.com/biz/sea-adventure-sportfishing-san-diego
The saga continues....funny, I heard chuck was the more polite of the two..wtf do I know? I have been lucky, I guess. I have always had great service on the Tribute, The Condor, and the Eclipse. Did try a Taft boat.....once....:)

I still think my fav is the condor...great, great crew...good food, captain is a talkative and personable, boat is big, good bow, plenty wide, overall a great vibe...every time...

Upvote 0

The Piper Lee

Skipper In Training
Jan 4, 2008
Lemon Grove
Name
Duplex Dave
Boat
21' Wahoo
Went on that boat once. Probably 2500 micro YT, took the crew 3 hours to toss them out of the hold to bake in the sun and turn to mush. The fillet bags were rolls of thin cheap wheat bread bags? Similar to a SubWay bag....
I kept my few fish whole hoping to revive them in ice on the way home, but they were too far gone...

Hey look on the bright side of things, at least you didn't run into one of the islands.[/quote]

Chuck Taft Crash.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.