c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Usually,but not always,a radio fish bite will have slowed or shut down a few minutes after called out.I try an keep the vhf down just so I don't here of others finding that paddy with fish on it,its so distracting to me I will lose a little focus on our own quest to find fish.

Upvote 0

FishinChic

Almost A Member
May 15, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Karen
Boat
Bubba Jean 28
We've called out numbers on good spots, even shared bait while paddy-hopping our way home.

It's a big ocean & nobody owns it, but it's recommended everyone follows courteous guidelines when joining other boats on hot kelps. Ditto for the boaters who claim 'we were here first'. The boater cruising up to the paddy may have been at that paddy the day before & marked it.

Upvote 0

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
Chasing numbers rarely pays off . I would suggest finding your own fish . It may work once or twice ......But theres no glory in getting told where to fish in my opinion . Its crazy to believe people on 72 these days .

Upvote 0

marlinda

Mar 27, 2009
Vista, Ca
Name
Mark
Boat
Striper 2601 "GEN 3"
Hey, who's looking for glory, I like finding my own fish, sometimes it's great to just get on them. Some of you guys get way too serious with these posts. Just relax and enjoy life. Fishing is for fun, not all of this other BS, it doesn't have to be a competition. Way too much testosterone out there.

Reactions: Phat Matt
Upvote 0

Hardcor

Hardcore
Jun 8, 2014
Hardcore
www.youtube.com
Name
Hardcore
Boat
Hardcore
When I get lucky I love to call out numbers. Slow days suck ! When you call out numbers and you hear the other boats hooking up and screaming and having fun. Sometimes it's as fun as hooking up yourself. It's called Sportsmanship.

Reactions: wils and Larmo
Upvote 0

Larmo

Strip it. Mend it. Hit it!
Jul 11, 2004
San Diego
www.lawrenceshea.com
Name
Larry
Boat
Your Cabo
When I get lucky I love to call out numbers. Slow days suck ! When you call out numbers and you hear the other boats hooking up and screaming and having fun. Sometimes it's as fun as hooking up yourself. It's called Sportsmanship.

I couldn't agree more. My best tuna bite this year was on the 312. I had a small school of better grade YF go wide open. Boats were all around us but the school was under my boat. I called in a Parker to park stern to stern right on top of me and tossed a scoop. When the school transferred over to his boat, I was stoked as I already had my limit. That was much better than just letting it go.

Last week I found those dodos at the 371 late in the day. I called out the numbers and one guy came in and was hooked up on the troll. Way better then leaving and saying nothing.

The week before I found a good marlin bite on the N9, again called out the bite and two boats came in and hooked up.

Might as well help each other out or why bother with a site like this?

Hopefully someone will do the same for me someday. It would be much better if we all would work together.

Larry

Upvote 0

alglaser

Almost A Member
Jun 5, 2007
San Diego, Ca
Name
Alan Glaser
Boat
30' Proline
I couldn't agree more. My best tuna bite this year was on the 312. I had a small school of better grade YF go wide open. Boats were all around us but the school was under my boat. I called in a Parker to park stern to stern right on top of me and tossed a scoop. When the school transferred over to his boat, I was stoked as I already had my limit. That was much better than just letting it go.

Last week I found those dodos at the 371 late in the day. I called out the numbers and one guy came in and was hooked up on the troll. Way better then leaving and saying nothing.

The week before I found a good marlin bite on the N9, again called out the bite and two boats came in and hooked up.

Might as well help each other out or why bother with a site like this?

Hopefully someone will do the same for me someday. It would be much better if we all would work together.

Larry

I couldn't agree more!

Upvote 0

Raimond

Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine...
Mar 9, 2014
SoCal
Name
Ray
Boat
23' IMP Hardtop - "4 Reel"
I have run to numbers and called out numbers. If I run out of chum the bite will die. If I call in another boat with bait to chum then the bite continues for both boats...

Lets all work together for the good of all...

Reactions: Larmo
Upvote 0

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
I thought I would take a moment to thank the guys that call out numbers.
You're welcome....don't forget to return the favor next chance you get.

Upvote 0

Saintwho

Almost A Member
Jul 25, 2014
Name
Chris
Boat
2101WA
I always spit out the numbers if the bite continues after we boat a few fish. It really is just the right thing to do, all of us spend a lot of money keeping our gear and boats in line not to mention fuel... ohhh the fuel. I like to think it comes back to me in the long run, if it doesn;t at least I sleep good at night knowing I helped someone out. In fact I've been sleeping really good for about 20 years now.

Upvote 0

Tunaslam

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Agree totally, that is how these boards got started in the first place. Of course you don't want to give away honey holes for Rockfish and bass and halibut, etc. But open water fish, what are you keeping secret? They are gone in a day, sometimes in minutes, why not help another PB'er make their day, especially if you have yours already made. It's a big ocean! Friendships can be made instantly by sharing. Great feedback! Congrats on your catch.

I have been saved many times by someone calling out an area of fish, also would like to think we have saved others equally, primarily chasing Albacore, back in the day when they bit! Too cool!

Upvote 0

marlinda

Mar 27, 2009
Vista, Ca
Name
Mark
Boat
Striper 2601 "GEN 3"
There were some really great responses. Let's keep the positives on here and on the water alive. That's what it's all about.

Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
When I call out numbers I hope you have a pen and paper handy cause they're only coming across the airwaves once. I'm not wasting any additional time.
Something an old salt taught me years ago, have something to write with and on so it can serve two purposes. 1. Record your data for your journal. 2. Write down the numbers coming across cause they probably won't twice.

Try it, it works.

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
I get skeptical of radio fish because I automatically think it's somebody calling BS numbers just to be a dick. I have had charter captains give me some good numbers, and I hooked up great (I still owe you a beer for that one bro). For me, this site has helped me meet some really cool people, and to me those folks are priceless friends. Even if we don't catch up much, most here love to help, and I will always return the favor when needed.

Upvote 0