Dexter Outdoors

Chris Penning

Apr 13, 2011
Laurel, MD
Name
Chris
Boat
Total Ho
Today, I'd like to thank all those who take the time to say thank you to those of us who serve. The Navy took me when I was a slack ass with no direction or ambition in life and gave me a place to find that. For many years when people thanked me for my service, I took their gratitude lightly for I really didn't think I'd done anything to deserve it. Many a other service member made sacrifices far greater than I ever would. But as I got older I realized just how selfish that was of me. I was taking away from a sincere heartfelt gesture. So now, I humbly hang my head and say thank you. Thank you for reaching out to a simple boy from Alabama that embraced what the opportunities the military offered me. Aside from helping other young men and women find their own potential, I get no greater satisfaction out of anything I did in my 24 years than to say thank you to the citizens of this great country for offering their kind thanks for my service. For it is you and our flag that we serve to protect

Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Chris, thank you. And you're welcome!

Reactions: Chris Penning
Upvote 0

SlideRight

Been there...
Jul 4, 2008
So Cal
Name
Lew
Boat
ss minnow
There are not adequate sentiments to direct to those who give, & gave, so much of themselves in service to their fellow citizens & country - even less so for those that paid the 'full measure' in the sea, air, mud, sand & mangled steel over the years.
As should be, truly sobering to think even momentarily on the many sacrifices suffered on our behalf.
Time to be humble, reverent.

Upvote 0

Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
Feb 20, 2010
Long Beach Ca.
Name
Jeff Bruner
Boat
14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
There are not adequate sentiments to direct to those who give, & gave, so much of themselves in service to their fellow citizens & country - even less so for those that paid the 'full measure' in the sea, air, mud, sand & mangled steel over the years.
As should be, truly sobering to think even momentarily on the many sacrifices suffered on our behalf.
Time to be humble, reverent.

Agree, thanks to all Vets for serving this great nation. Lew, please start a thread about your fishing trip.

Upvote 0

fyermn

Sep 2, 2005
Utah
Name
Dan
Boat
LONG RANGE fishing
Chris; when is your next trip? If I have the $$$, I would like to go in Early November. It was a pleasure to fish with you on the Intrepid.

Upvote 0

Chris Penning

Apr 13, 2011
Laurel, MD
Name
Chris
Boat
Total Ho
We're booked on the Intrepid on the Angler's Choice 6 leaving on 19 July. I'm thinking it might be a few more years before I'm ready for a Nov 10 day. Great fishing with you as well Dan.

Chris

Upvote 0