Offshore Thank You for support and sorry for not paying attention on the 60 yesterday

claytonakua

Nov 4, 2008
costa mesa ca U.S.A.
Name
THomas
Boat Name
26 Blackman Nuclear Hippo
Thank you to the Captain of the Tribute and the Green Everglades for offering help, we had a first time Grand Mal seizure with a kid on the 60 mile bank just before the evening bite and i was driving through the pack on the radio with coast guard trying to figure out what to do. I drove too close to several boats and might have barked at a couple people. It was scary to have a kid go into a full seizure for 3 minutes that far out. He is better now and i will be investing in a full med kit so i can take blood pressure, temp, tools to check pupil reactiveness etc. thanks again and I apologize again, not the way we normally operate. Tom on the Nuclear Hippo.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat Name
Kencraft CC
That is a definite legit excuse!

I remember watching my dog have a seizure a few years ago and not really knowing what was happening and thinking she was about to leave us. My kids were right there watching and all this was on dry land....... so I can't even imagine watching and going through something like that with a kid while out on the ocean many miles from land...... that would be absolutely horrible!!

All the best to you and the boy!

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat Name
16' Starcraft SF SS
My son had a stroke at birth which caused him to have seizures, and as a father I can only say it was the hardest thing to have to witness. Luckily we got him on medication and he is 4 years old now and hasn't had one in 3 years. I hope the same can be said for the kid on your boat.

Upvote 0

STOREFRONT

Aug 28, 2009
gg ca usa
Name
SAM TRAVATO
Boat Name
29 Everglaeds Pilot
Thank you to the Captain of the Tribute and the Green Everglades for offering help, we had a first time Grand Mal seizure with a kid on the 60 mile bank just before the evening bite and i was driving through the pack on the radio with coast guard trying to figure out what to do. I drove too close to several boats and might have barked at a couple people. It was scary to have a kid go into a full seizure for 3 minutes that far out. He is better now and i will be investing in a full med kit so i can take blood pressure, temp, tools to check pupil reactiveness etc. thanks again and I apologize again, not the way we normally operate. Tom on the Nuclear Hippo.

Reactions: SemperFi75
Upvote 0

lougio

Capt Lou
  • Jul 19, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Name
    Lou
    Boat Name
    '03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
    Man, that's scary! You had to do what you had to do to get the kid help. I'm sure everybody will understand that.

Upvote 0

Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
    Nov 28, 2015
    Tustin
    Name
    Croaker
    Boat Name
    Arima Sea Pacer
    So sorry. I know the feeling.

80% of late onset Epilepsy is due to a brain parasite. Very scary because it is so sudden and unexpected. Happened to my son when he was 16.

Pretty common now.(although they don’t want to admit).. Usually brought into the US from other countries.

Upvote 0