Texas fishing... too easy

jwhit88

Jun 14, 2008
Orange County
Name
Joe
Boat
14' Kayak
If you wanna pull on big fish, come to Texas. I have been getting solid reds and black drum almost every trip for the past two months.

check out the lastest video I made from today's catch. Everyone said not to fish today because it was too windy, cold, and too much freshwater in the bay from all the rain we have been getting. I was hooked up w/in 15min.

Video-
feb. big ugly.jpg

jwhit88

Jun 14, 2008
Orange County
Name
Joe
Boat
14' Kayak
Anything on lures or is it all bait and wait?
Yeah I have caught Reds, flounder, and speckled trout on artificials. This time of year though is really tough with lures. I'm can't wait for the water to warm back up I'm gonna be using yellowtail irons and poppers to fish for jacks, reds, king macks, snook, and tarpon!

SouthBayKiller

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Yeah I have caught Reds, flounder, and speckled trout on artificials. This time of year though is really tough with lures. I'm can't wait for the water to warm back up I'm gonna be using yellowtail irons and poppers to fish for jacks, reds, king macks, snook, and tarpon!
Either way great catches and it would be epic to hang one of those hogs on a surface iron. Catching fish on lures and techniques not familiar to the locals is always an extra bonus.

Reactions: jwhit88

SemperFishing

Apr 26, 2007
Austin, TX
Name
Dave
Boat
Prefer Long Range or skiffs (great if combined!)
Hell Yeah! I've been meaning to throw iron on bull reds but work and timing has not worked out yet. I've caught plenty of reds on bait, but it would be awesome to stick one on a surface plug.
If you need a fishing wingman with San Diego jig stick gear, let me know!
Dave

seriola_killer

Mar 24, 2008
Hurst, Tx
Name
Jerry
Boat
The Moose Knuckle
I fished Corpus and brought down some 45's. Pretty much useless unless you are fishing the ICW or Packery Channel. No doubt in my mind a scrambled egg or a blue/white 45, kicker, etc. surface plug would draw strikes in the deeper water.

jwhit88

Jun 14, 2008
Orange County
Name
Joe
Boat
14' Kayak
Hell Yeah! I've been meaning to throw iron on bull reds but work and timing has not worked out yet. I've caught plenty of reds on bait, but it would be awesome to stick one on a surface plug.
If you need a fishing wingman with San Diego jig stick gear, let me know!
Dave
Will do bro!

Latest posts