Chomnan

Dec 16, 2016
Bay Area, CA
Name
Chomnan
Boat
2005 Parker 2120 w/2018 Suzuki
Hi BDs,

Long story short, I sold a boat when my mom got laid off due to covid and gave her the cash. Saved some money and bought a parker 1801 to hold me over. Purchased from out of state from an older gentleman who rarely used it and when he did, only on a private fresh water lake. I look out the 1801 for the first time last weekend in the bay and it started and ran great. Zero issues. Prior to running it my buddies helped me installed new radio, antenna; changed oil, thermostat and water separator and upgraded trailer lights to LED.

Well, yesterday someone complaint about my boat that is parked in my driveway. City prohibits that. I have had a boat parked there for 5 + years with no issues but someone decided this was the time to be a jerk. I have looked at some dry storage option but do not really want to spend monthly on it just in case I need the cash...so I am testing the water for this boat. If I can not get a deal, I will put it in a dry storage. So, here's the info on the boat.

Unmolested 2007 Parker 1801 with built in bait tank
Never bottom painted and lived it entire life on a trailer
2007 Yamaha 115 - 4 strokes with 51 hours...yes 51 hours!
2007 Road King galvanized trailer with breaks with just installed LED lights
brand new radio and Shakespeare antenna
Brand new boat cover
Brand new cushions
Service: Just completed oil change, thermostat and water separator last weekend

No issues, boat is very clear and ready to fish.

Please text me for more info 510-552-1584.

Water trails if both parties agreed on deal.

City gave we two weeks to get rid of boat so it's still currently in front of my house.

SF Bay Area, CA

Asking $25,000

IMG_4080.jpg

IMG_4176.JPG

IMG_4238.jpg

IMG_4246.JPG

IMG_4251.PNG

IMG_4482.JPG

IMG_4664.jpg

Spoons

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
21' Center Console
Fuck the bay area! Born and raised there, they removed the military bases and it straight went hippy town. I agree with Hismosa!

Good luck with sale.

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
Just another reason why I can't stand California.

Chomnan

Dec 16, 2016
Bay Area, CA
Name
Chomnan
Boat
Sweet rig . Can see myself zipping around in something like that while living on a 50 footer in retirement.

I'd modify my fence and squeeze that thing in the side yard before i would go boatless.

Trust me, lol I looked into it. Cost est 30k. My backyard on a hill so a shit ton of dirt of remove and a retaining wall to cut. The spot where the boat is currently sitting at was all hill when I bought the house. Cost $27k just for that area 6 years ago. So now, I have a $27k car parking space

watersdeep

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Gotta love the HOA

SSUfish

Sep 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Eric
Boat
n/a
Is that even a legitimate citation/warning? You did look into the ordinance you're allegedly in violation of I hope. It seems odd to me that the city would say unpermitted boat (what does it take to get it permitted?) and also to "move it elsewhere" - where does elsewhere mean? And since when would a greenhouse need a setback? I'd look for the specific codes and really run through them a few times for your own peace of mind but also for loopholes.

For example if the setback applies to buildings, what is a building? 4 walls and a roof, so I'd take one wall off, also I would dispute as there's no electrical or plumbing in a greenhouse so it couldn't possibly be considered a building. Little things like that, good luck.

Chomnan

Dec 16, 2016
Bay Area, CA
Name
Chomnan
Boat
Is that even a legitimate citation/warning? You did look into the alleged ordinance you're in violation of I hope. And since when would a greenhouse need a setback?

Yes, I def looked into it. I actually knew when we first moved in that I couldn't park my boat on the driveway but after I cleared it with all my nighbors and considering it was a court I took the chance. Worked for over 5 years. Now, the greenhouse part is pretty damn stupid but it has to be 5 feet away from the neighbors fence.

SSUfish

Sep 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Eric
Boat
n/a
Yes, I def looked into it. I actually knew when we first moved in that I couldn't park my boat on the driveway but after I cleared it with all my nighbors and considering it was a court I took the chance. Worked for over 5 years. Now, the greenhouse part is pretty damn stupid but it has to be 5 feet away from the neighbors fence.

Dang.

ivane068

Professional hide and seek player..
May 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Ivan Esquivel
Boat
Parker 2520 Fin Reaper
City also wants me to remove or destroy a small green house I built for my kids so they can be active during covid. Insane

View attachment 1245265

I know your pain, I grew up in San Jose. Sad to see how bad it’s quality of life has declined. Last time I was there the city was doing a massive eviction of a place called”the jungle”that place made skid row look like the Hilton...lol

Reactions: Chomnan

dudeman

Almost A Member
Apr 5, 2011
san diego
Name
jason
Boat
Fish Taco
Is that even a legitimate citation/warning? You did look into the ordinance you're allegedly in violation of I hope. It seems odd to me that the city would say unpermitted boat (what does it take to get it permitted?) and also to "move it elsewhere" - where does elsewhere mean? And since when would a greenhouse need a setback? I'd look for the specific codes and really run through them a few times for your own peace of mind but also for loopholes.

For example if the setback applies to buildings, what is a building? 4 walls and a roof, so I'd take one wall off, also I would dispute as there's no electrical or plumbing in a greenhouse so it couldn't possibly be considered a building. Little things like that, good luck.
Down here (SD) setback for shed (greenhouse) under 120 sq ft is 3'. Fight it! Or at least verify.