TESORO a TRINIDAD "Killer" just like Galaxy to Iphone?

RockHopperNCKA

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 25, 2017
Santa Rosa, CA
www.norcalkayakanglers.com
Name
Dustin
Boat
Do kayaks count?
Not anymore....Tesoro will kick the ass of the overpriced & overhyped Trinidad..lol
I'm also looking forward to the release of the Tesoro, but for all you know they could be released and have all kinds of problems.

Why don't you save your cheerleading until after they've been available to the public for at least a few hours.

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
It could just be me but Okuma's reel designs just look bad when compared to Shimano's (or even Daiwa's) sleek designs. How long ago did Shimano released the Trini A series? 10 yrs maybe? I've yet to see anything Okuma released that comes close to that kind of market excitement.

A couple of years ago when Okuma released the Andros A series I like the initial pics alot. The pics looked great and the reels priced alot cheaper than a Trini A, plus 2-sp to boot! I went to check them out at Melton and quickly see why. They were built with cheap components like the plastic lever that just make the reel look cheap and poorly made overall. I passed and now that seems like it was a good decision given all the problems that line is having.

I would love to see a competent competitor to the Trini A series at a lower cost. Maybe the new Saltiga line could be it. I have the 15 and 20 in that series that have yet to leave the shelve because the Trini reels always start.

Oh yeah btw...I've never had to call Shimano for any service issues or failures to any of my Trini's.

Mar 23, 2019
Pomona
Name
Mychal
Boat
None
It could just be me but Okuma's reel designs just look bad when compared to Shimano's (or even Daiwa's) sleek designs. How long ago did Shimano released the Trini A series? 10 yrs maybe? I've yet to see anything Okuma released that comes close to that kind of market excitement.

A couple of years ago when Okuma released the Andros A series I like the initial pics alot. The pics looked great and the reels priced alot cheaper than a Trini A, plus 2-sp to boot! I went to check them out at Melton and quickly see why. They were built with cheap components like the plastic lever that just make the reel look cheap and poorly made overall. I passed and now that seems like it was a good decision given all the problems that line is having.

I would love to see a competent competitor to the Trini A series at a lower cost. Maybe the new Saltiga line could be it. I have the 15 and 20 in that series that have yet to leave the shelve because the Trini reels always start.

Oh yeah btw...I've never had to call Shimano for any service issues or failures to any of my Trini's.
Fish don't care what the reel looks like. Stainless steel beats the junk that shimano puts in there reel. If you want to win the popularity contest go with shimano. TESORO gets it done period!

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
Fish don't care what the reel looks like. Stainless steel beats the junk that shimano puts in there reel. If you want to win the popularity contest go with shimano. TESORO gets it done period!
You’re right fish don’t care. Fish also don’t buy fishing equipment. Tight lines!

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Since this thread has been resurrected, I’m curious how those who have bought one like it?

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
I agree! I’ve looked and held, but I don’t have one. I’d like to get a few opinions before I buy one.
Isn't it more of a Trini DC competitor than a standard Trini?

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Isn't it more of a Trini DC competitor than a standard Trini?
Hell if I know. I’m not a Shimano fan, so I don’t know their products all that much. I have an old TLD 20, and a Torium 30 and a few small coffee grinders for trout. That’s the extent of my Shimano knowledge.

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
Hell if I know. I’m not a Shimano fan, so I don’t know their products all that much. I have an old TLD 20, and a Torium 30 and a few small coffee grinders for trout. That’s the extent of my Shimano knowledge.
Not a shimano guy? What do you prefer?

aznboy619

Not a Newbie
Apr 25, 2006
Alhambra
Name
Victor
Boat
None
I have caught a 137lbs BFT on the Tesoro 12s pair with an PCH 801xh. The reel did what is was meant to do with the gear inside. After taking it into Okuma everything checked out fine just need some lubing.

Mar 23, 2019
Pomona
Name
Mychal
Boat
None
Since this thread has been resurrected, I’m curious how those who have bought one like it?
Love mine! I had the trini 16a and 20a. Good casting, nice looking, expensive reels. With that being said the Tesoro has the guts and gears built for big fish imo. I cast just as good if not better with my Tesoro's. Beauty contest the Trini wins in some peoples opinion. But Tesoro is undisputed in internal gearing and durability. At the end of the day its what feels good to you and what you can afford.

Reactions: Arima-bob
Mar 23, 2019
Pomona
Name
Mychal
Boat
None
I have caught a 137lbs BFT on the Tesoro 12s pair with an PCH 801xh. The reel did what is was meant to do with the gear inside. After taking it into Okuma everything checked out fine just need some lubing.
Torque, Cranking power, Internal gearing there is no comparison Tesoro wins. Some anglers like the shiny toy expensive toy, which gravitate towards the trindad. Both are well built and get the job done.

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS