Tern 500x questions

Cheese Burt

Jun 8, 2021
San Diego
Name
Charlie Cohen
Boat
Who ever will take me out
Does any one own an accurate tern 500x that spool makes a scraching noise when they reel? Brand new reel.

Upvote 0

chazdaddy

Village Idiot
Apr 15, 2006
Santee, CA
Name
Chuck
Boat
Trophy 2509
Does any one own an accurate tern 500x that spool makes a scraching noise when they reel? Brand new reel.
Yes, mine did the same thing. Spool shaft came loose from the spool. Call Accurate, send it back for warranty repairs. They did mine pretty quick and it's all good now.

Reactions: abj5150
Upvote 0

abj5150

Service Manager, Advisor and Customer Support.
Advertiser
  • Sep 18, 2012
    USA
    Name
    Al
    Boat
    Whatever I can get on
    Yes, mine did the same thing. Spool shaft came loose from the spool. Call Accurate, send it back for warranty repairs. They did mine pretty quick and it's all good now.
    This will most likely be a warranty issue so feel free to bring it in or mail it in. Have you spooled it and did the issue show after???

Upvote 0

Cheese Burt

Jun 8, 2021
    San Diego
    Name
    Charlie Cohen
    Boat
    Who ever will take me out
    This will most likely be a warranty issue so feel free to bring it in or mail it in. Have you spooled it and did the issue show after???
    It was loose out of the box with no line. Seems like others are having the same problem.

Upvote 0

Saltygoose

Sep 30, 2020
    California
    Name
    Jesse Moreno
    Boat
    No
    I’ve had my tern 500 for 2 years. Only issue I’ve ever had was my knob kept falling off. Took it to Accurate and they fixed the problem right away! Love the customer service they offer🥳

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    My accurate reels are a little louder than other reels I have had but I figured that was due to their stainless steel internals and not the softer metals that other companies use. Never was a problem for me. If you think it's an issue hit up accurate!

Upvote 0

carnage007

May 9, 2004
    Encino
    Name
    nick
    Boat
    to poor
    “Just “ sent in my reels for service/warranty because of weak drag, been over 10 weeks and should be getting them soon. Hopefully you don’t have to wait that long with a new reel.

Upvote 0