Team Daiwa

Almost A Member
Feb 25, 2012
Seattle, WA USA
Name
Robert Kurth
Boat
None
I have a Shimano Teramar TMC-X76MH rod that has rust under the feet on the eyes and the epoxy is flaking around a couple eyes. I think I bought this rod when they had the Lifetime Warranty but I'm not certain. How can I find out and have the rod replaced?
I'm not living in San Diego anymore, so going to Irvine to visit Shimano is out of the question. I was looking on the Shimano website and can not find any codes at all on my rod - except the model number. I could call but I thought I would ask here first.
I should also mention I do not have a receipt.
Thanks,
Robert

Upvote 0

Cutgilz

Almost A Member
Sep 8, 2014
Anaheim
Name
Eddie
Boat
YOURS
It's not broken just rusting? I don't think your going to get a new rod for that even if you did prove you had a lifetime warranty.

Upvote 0

Team Daiwa

Almost A Member
Feb 25, 2012
Seattle, WA USA
Name
Robert Kurth
Boat
None
Here are pics of the guides and the epoxy flaking.

DSC04249.JPG DSC04249.JPG DSC04250.JPG DSC04248.JPG

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
Yeah, that's pretty par for the course with major manufacturers after a few years though. Especially on thinner blanks. You can try replacing them but it might be cheaper and easier to go have the bad ones stripped and re wrapped at a tackle shop. Should only take them 20 minutes or so.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Bantam1

Shimano Rep
Sep 13, 2007
Irvine, CA
Name
Dan
Boat
N/A
It looks like one of the guides was bent at some point based on the pictures. Its hard to tell because the lighting isn't that great.

The warranty covers the rods against material and manufacturing defects. It does not cover wear from use. You have the option to send the rod in for warranty evaluation. If it is deemed a defect, we will replace the rod.

If the damage is determined to be from something else you will be offered a replaced at 50% of the MSRP cost on a new Teramar.

Upvote 0