Temporary Import Permit???

Bt889

Oct 21, 2017
San diego
Name
Brian
Boat
None
Hi guys - looking for some clarity on the regulations for a temporary import permit for fishing the coronado islands and other mexican waters. I just bought a boat. The previous owner has a current TIP with 2028 expiration.

I know I have to cancel the current permit to apply for a new permit. Instruction online says to drop off the current TIP at a banjercito office, but the closest one to me is in TJ??? I'm in San Diego... does anyone know of where i can find an office in the US? I'm not trying to cross the border during this time.

Or can I just use his permit? Do the mexican officials really care that its under a different name?

Thanks!

dariian

Jan 6, 2014
San Diego, CA
Name
Darian S
Boat
Grady White Sailfish 255
I’m in the same boat. My understanding is you have to go to the office nothing can be done online or in the mail.

hotstick

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 19, 2007
Murrieta
Name
Steve
Boat
24 radon , 16 radon
CALL DISCOVER BAJA IN SD THEY MITE BE ABLE TO U

Terryw

Capitan
Apr 7, 2012
San Diego/ca/usa
Name
Terry
Boat
42 Henriques
Michelle is fantastic but it is costly. If you have the original TIP I believe it follows the boat. the previous owner of my boat was unable to locate so I used Michelle to work with the authorities in Ensenada to cancel and reissue.

Good luck

DEGBTI

Feb 5, 2013
el cajon, ca
Name
dennis
Boat
204 Angler CC
I still dont know who came up with the tip in the first place? Been checked three times over the last few years, never once asked for a tip. Just fmm, passport and mex license. And now the bracelet.

As I remember, a few years ago someone posted you need a tip and fcc license, so everyone panicked. Never had one or been asked.

Reactions: zkidd91

aguachico

Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
I still dont know who came up with the tip in the first place? Been checked three times over the last few years, never once asked for a tip. Just fmm, passport and mex license. And now the bracelet.

As I remember, a few years ago someone posted you need a tip and fcc license, so everyone panicked. Never had one or been asked.
TIP's are not for travel by sea and return via sea. They are for land based travel with a vehicle, camper or boat and you are crossing into the import zone. Or if you travel by sea into a marina.

Going to the nados doesn't count.
saludos

Reactions: G-Spot and DEGBTI

fishheads

Apr 22, 2009
playas de tijuana
Name
fish freek
Boat
uss Ronald Regan
TIP's are not for travel by sea and return via sea. They are for land based travel with a vehicle, camper or boat and you are crossing into the import zone. Or if you travel by sea into a marina.

Going to the nados doesn't count.
saludos
From what I've read this correct

fishheads

Apr 22, 2009
playas de tijuana
Name
fish freek
Boat
uss Ronald Regan
Michelle is fantastic but it is costly. If you have the original TIP I believe it follows the boat. the previous owner of my boat was unable to locate so I used Michelle to work with the authorities in Ensenada to cancel and reissue.

Good luck
I lost my Tip but I still have the hologram.
Do you think she could help with that??