Dshore

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 2, 2005
Portland,OR
Name
Dylan
Boat
18' North River Scout
A few of us made the journey from the damp state of Oregon down to Cabo via jet last week.
John the big guy behind Eat Me Lures hosted us all at his humble abode overlooking downtown Cabo and the Arch; Casa Los Peces.. Our objective was to have a great time, meet some new folks, reconnect with prior buddies.. Maybe catch a fish or two.. We accomplished all that.
Managed to snap a few photo's of the madness....
The tournament registration came first, this was at Plaza Paraiso at the Cabo San Lucas Marina. What a great event to fire things up.. We got a booth next Berkely, got to meet Horace, Bob and a few other chill dudes... Other major sponsors kept trying to steal our models.. Next year your paying for em!
Team Eat Me Lures consisted of Team Capt John of Salem, Or.. Milt of Albany, Or.. Richard of Yoncalla, Or, Ken of Garibaldi, Or and Dylan of Portland, Or.
Registration came first, and it was a breeze... The party has just started...

Heres Louis Duhart of Duhart Productions, he is the one that takes care of the tournament dvd productions..

And Team Eat Me Lures...

And a few more pics of the nites festivities... Good times had by all forsure....

Gotta love it when others get into the action..

Bossman with his daughter and wife.

Eat Me Girls handing out schwag...

Here is our tournament arsenal...

Day one of the Western Outdoor News Tuna Jackpot was hours away by the time we all got back to the Casa from a night out..
We had a great sunrise.. Boats are heading out to the Arch to line up for a shotgun start..

Once we got out to our prospective fishing grounds we saw lots of free jumping striped marlin, which i was able to get photo's of.. Also saw 2 airborne Mako's.. Pretty badass seeing those at 10-20' off the water...

Check out this gal doing a stripey on the fly.. Savage!

I cant condone bow riding as its dangerous...

During the Striper madness, this sealion popped up.. I think his message to the birdies is that the bait is his!

Two fins..

We managed to pick up a few dorado..

Day two couldn't have arrived sooner..
There werent as many rats around.. It was a little windy in the morning, which meant lack of birds.. White caps.. making it hard to find fish.. Afternoon arrived.. We then found a school of porpoises, and a few yft mixed in.. Spent a few hours fishing the kite.. I was soo waiting for a yft to smack down the cabby skipping ontop of the surface... No dice..
Then I proceeded to freeline a larger cabalito with a 4/0 owner.. bad choice... surface detonation ensued.. the cabby was smacked and then I let er run 30yds.. clicked it over, fish on! It then dove and popped off shortly after.. Smacked the bait again then popped off.. Lesson learned.. DO NOT use a small circle hook with a tiny "bite"..Im almost certain the reason for loosing the fish was because the "bite" was unable to penetrate the jaw. Lesson learned, always bridle up your baits, and a 8/0 next time for a large cabby. One expensive screw up!!!!!!
Here is the winning fish.. 240+lbs.

Fish on!!

GUERO

Mansfield to Alijos......
Oct 24, 2004
9210B
Name
Big Girl, AKA, Miss March
Boat
Pinnacle Sportfishing
cool pics
Back in day, when I used to work for Coors, I use to trade a guy up in Shadow Ridge area Eat Me Lures for cases of Coors Light. He actually made me a few Coors Light Marlin jigs, still have them

cool guy for sure

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
Awesome report and Pics!!! But, WTF was Sneekee doing with a "Dylan" shirt on ?????

HOGGEM'IN

Jan 31, 2005
Gresham Oregon
Name
Mike Potts
Boat
Deck hand on a 36' Yellowfin
Awsome pics there Dylan....................................I am going to have to go some year.

Unforgiven1

It's All About The Tuna
Advertiser
Apr 7, 2004
Redondo Beach, California
Name
Drew
Boat
UnforgiveN- Blackfin 29' FB Volvo Kamd 300's
Good report Dylan, but a 30 yard run with a 4/0 circle is nuts, no more than a 3 or 4 count when the bait is a cabby

Reel Obsession

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 26, 2007
Battle Ground WA
Name
Tim
Boat
26' Seaswirl Striper
Thanks for the report Dylan. I'm looking forward to getting out of the rainy NW myself. I'll be at Casa Los Peces over thanksgiving week. Hope that John makes it back down. Not sure if there will be any other PNW ifish guys there or not.

RO

Bob5

Feb 19, 2006
Junction City, OR
Name
Bob
Boat
2005 Parker 21SE, Yamaha F150, T8, Custom T-Top, Furuno Electronics
Thanks for the picturs and report Z F. Just for the record is it still raining in the great state of Oregon. Don't come home.

svue

Sep 7, 2004
Huntington Beach
Name
Vue
Boat
Everglade 290
Hey Dylan, was great to have you onboard. As soon as I get that rig dow to PV, we will do some fishing...

Vu. signing out

mozza

Jul 14, 2006
Bahamas
Name
Mike
Boat
Viking
Great report!

I wish my bosses daughter was smoking HOT

Cornfed

CAPTAIN | TEAM USUAL SUSPECTS
Has Moderator Powers
Sep 18, 2007
Seattle
Name
TOMMY DONLIN
Boat
DEFIANCE GUADALUPE 290 CORNIVOROUS
Dylan....you know how to pull those hos PNW style. Way to represent down there.

What's next amigo???

BloodyHooker

Aug 26, 2008
CA
Name
Boat
Rockharbor SC
I heard the winner gets free blowjobs at Lord Black's.... How were they? LOL

poncherello

Jan 11, 2005
san Diego
Name
Jerry
Boat
none
Nice Pic of El Vato. That's my old landlord's boat. A 89 foot Nordlund. Capt. Steve Elkins skippers the boat and is a San Diego native. He also makes his own lures (Hawaiian Custom Lures). Any idea how they did? Great photos, what camera were you using?