John S.

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 4, 2008
Valley Center, CA
Name
John
Boat
1996 Seaswirl 1850 W/A
Hunted North of Wister with just Dakota. Slow day. Picked up 4 Teal quick then nothing showed up until the end of shoot time. Dakota had fun. The shotgun leaning up against the hay bales is empty. Wister shot around a mid 2. They were shooting better the last time I was out. SJ had fog early and shot better once it burned off. I doubt they hit a 2. I had buddies hunting it. I ran one pulsator and less than 6 decoys with one Mojo. The Teal came in right on top of me.

John

John

Attachments

Reactions: CartridgeCalls

DOGHOUSE26

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Visit site
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
John,

Is the Mojo working for you this late in the season? I haven't used mine this year as I had mixed results on different days last couple of years. Some days it pulled them in, but 2 different days I couldn't get the birds to decoy until I pulled my MOJO down then birds came in as usual.

Glad to see you're getting time in to work your pal I'm sure Dakota cherishes the time with you.

John S.

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 4, 2008
Valley Center, CA
Name
John
Boat
1996 Seaswirl 1850 W/A
The Mojo has helped the last 2 trips out. I just watch the birds. The Pins dont like them but the Teal and Widgeon seem to. You just have to watch how the birds react. I will not run one when focusing on Gads or Pins. I just run one for Teal and Widgeon. Decoy spread has been small. Literally, 1 Pin, 3 Widgeon, 1 Mojo and a pulsator. I will run three Teal and at least 1 Gad when I get out next. So, less than 12 decoys. Killing me not hunting Wister but Dakota cannot do that mud and my other lab is still recovering from knee surgery.

John