Teak

bufadora

Apr 13, 2011
Santa Cruz
Name
darren gertler
Boat
Sorenson 15 - catamaran
I know you said teak, but I once put teak oil on a piece of walnut trim and it was good enough for me. Cheap boat , cheap fix.

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
I have these pieces of teak you are welcome to. My number changed so PM if you can use these.
96DA2F2B-0342-4CAF-85E6-A7389182B4C2.jpeg

Upvote 0

Hot_Pursuit

• Jun 21, 2013
    Seabeck
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    2022 Pursuit OS325
    Longship Marine in Poulsbo is an awesome place to get boat stuff if you’re on the Kitsap Peninsula. It’s a consignment store for boaters. They have used teak, and raw teak lumber also. I have put lots of boating stuff there on consignment and acquired quite a few things there also. They also do next day shipping from Fisheries supply to their store. It’s a cool place to poke around and the owners are nice.

Upvote 0

Cohoho

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 19, 2010
    Lake Tapps, Washington
    Name
    Cohoho
    Boat
    COHOHO - 23 ft Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore - SOLD
    Hey Benjamin I got Mahogany- which is just as good as teak and looks better for interior. Old growth 100 year old mahogany out of a house in Seattle I was able to salvage it from.

Reactions: Tomictime
    Upvote 0

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    Also LFS has it in strips 6ft long.

Upvote 0

slab tech 1

Works overrated- lets go fishing
    Apr 1, 2011
    Ferndale
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    Parker 2520 XL
    I’m working with some guys that own a teak tree farm in Brazil and they have some containers sitting out on a ship somewhere that’s supposed to be here any day. It’s full of teak boards. But they said my teak cutting board was supposed to be here by July 4th, and still not here so shipping must really be backed up!

Upvote 0

RobertHan

Nov 21, 2020
    USa
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    Botnia Targa 25.1 GT
    I like teak because it doesn’t tend to split with age, unlike mahogany. However, despite teak’s reputation as a no-brainer wood option when constructing boats, it’s not perfect.

Upvote 0

TooManyHobbies

The guy that makes the glass stuff
  • May 10, 2010
    White trashville
    Name
    Garrett
    Boat
    21' SeaRay Laguna CC "Sea 'Scape"
    Sweet I’m considering putting a topper on my rails
    Another option (and readily available shipped in a bunch of sizes) is Ipe - pronounced 'ee-pay' a south american hardwood that looks almost identical.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

RobertHan

Nov 21, 2020
    USa
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    Botnia Targa 25.1 GT
    How many tests do I have to try to find the right oil for my boat? I have read articles about the best oils. Star Brite was introduced as a very good product. And I ordered and waited for about 3 days to have it. Hope it helps my wooden boat.

Upvote 0