Fish!! Or be Fished!!!
Jan 6, 2012
Black Diamond
Name
Chris
Boat
JuiceBox2
Hey gang!

Hope winter treating you as well as can! No snow to ski(although dumping now!!!).

And Washington leadership hates people fishing in saltwater!

And my Cougs just lost to the JackRabbits!!! Feisty fuckers!!!!

So, any taxidermy recommendations? I am taking my boys Steelheading for the first time this year and I really wished I had my first fish on the wall. Was a small fish but a super cool story and it hooked me from the get go!

Thanks for any input!

I snuck out last week and this silver bullet gave me the same rush I had as a 6th grader! Rats!!! File too big! Super pretty chromer!

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
Reactions: Team Sency
Upvote 0

FHisherman

Aug 15, 2011
Anacortes, WA
Name
Kevin
Boat
Parker
Yeah, listening to the radio, game was on, and was wondering who in the hell the Jackrabbits were. Guess we found out. I don't have a recommendation for a taxidermist so just shit posting on your thread at this point. Will say that if I was going to do a mount these days I'd just have one done from a good pic and not the actual fish. Congrats on getting your boys out on steelhead. It sucks they will never see the glory years. The first Steelhead I caught were on the same day and both around 12-14 lb ass kickers out of a drift boat when I was around 12-14 years old. Kinda the norm back then. Definitely shaped my future as a fisherman in the fresh and salt. However days like that can still happen and jumping in with a guide if you're new is a good way to go. BTW, we went with a couple of my dad's buddies on separate drift boats that day. I can still remember my dad, who was in his buddies drift boat upriver from us while I was fighting the first one watching the whole fight, yelling "Get him Kev!" Good stuff.

Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
Yep, this guy has done a steelhead for me and another for a buddy. They both are skin mounts and both turned out amazing. That was quote a few years ago but would encourage you to go look at some of his fish mounts.

Reactions: Team Sency
Upvote 0