Nineball

Let’s goooo!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
I am currently pressure canning a few coho. After a simple brine of 2-to-1 brown sugar to salt (with a variance on other flavors) I always remove excess salty flavor by rinsing/soaking in apple juice for another 1/2 day. Put the 2-3" sliced fillet pieces on the traeger smoke setting with apple/alder mix ($9/bag for bear mountiain btw) for about 3-4 hours with a stick cracking the lid about 1" at the bottom. Temp ran at right around 100 due to the ambient cold/foggy morning. I put a half habernero each that I grew in the garden in 4 of the pint jars and smaller portions into a few others. Is this stuff gonna flame my tastebuds? I hope so, like my buddy at work used to say "u could weld with that shit". I'm hoping to fall into tasty HOT while not making it 1-bite throwaway. My feedback will probably be sometime in the next couple months but I'm sure somebody has done this! :hali_olutta:

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
I routinely use one or two jalapeños and it turns out about right. 1/2 a habenero probably be a little warmer though depending on the variety. Just remember canning tends to really accentuate the flavors and the longer it sits in the jars the more pronounced the effect. Try a jar sooner than later and if borderline too hot use them up quick cause in a year or so it might be over the top. YMMV. Drink with beer and enjoy!

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Name
Steve
Boat
"Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream

Siv

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat
19' SeaSport
It is tough to grow hot peppers in our climate but my buddy grew some Habaneros this year that are WAY hot, probably due to the sunny summer we finally had. 1/2 in an pint jar of his would be " weld " material but they are variable so you may be OK. Good luck and keep plenty of cold beer around when you sample. I know it really doesn't help with the heat but it tastes great.

Nineball

Let’s goooo!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Ahh screw it I just opened a jar at work. It had a full 1/2 habernero laying in the bottom surrounded in juice. Towards the top it was not hot at all. Now it's down to the bottom and what has been in the juice is nice and warm without overpowering. It got eaten up quick out in the crew shack! Perfect with cream cheese and crackers. I will definitely be doing this again...