tarred seine cord sizing

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
Need to order some more butt cord. Squidco has Varmac in a bunch of sizes. Do the smallest numbers represent the narrowest diameter or the other way around? Thanks

Upvote 0

Jaysons999

Internet fisherman
  • Apr 5, 2015
    San marcos
    Name
    Jay
    Boat
    18' Starcraft “Ace of Spades”
    My two cents, I love squidco great shop and source… but that varmac stuff just don’t do it for me. Coring bros all the way. I use 28-36 in their stuff.
    Unfortunately I don’t have any varmac with the labels for size reference.Sorry if this wasn’t helpful.

Upvote 0

Jaysons999

Internet fisherman
  • Apr 5, 2015
    San marcos
    Name
    Jay
    Boat
    18' Starcraft “Ace of Spades”
    I use lp fishing supplies aka lobster port in Oceanside.I know your up in Santa Barbara. I think he does free shipping over $50.

Upvote 0

dalurker

old skool rules
    Dec 23, 2004
    Cyber Sea
    Name
    #%^&) !!!
    Boat
    my blood vessel
    Icon International right behind West Marine in San Pedro.
    345 N Beacon St, San Pedro, CA 90731

no receipt = no tax.
    Hours:

SundayClosed
    Monday
    (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
    7:30AM–4:30PM
    Hours might differ
    Tuesday7:30AM–4:30PM
    Wednesday7:30AM–4:30PM
    Thursday7:30AM–4:30PM
    Friday7:30AM–4:30PM
    SaturdayClosed
    Phone: (310) 831-9261

IMG_2425.JPG

IMG_2426.JPG

Upvote 0

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 9, 2016
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    sunk it
    I'm in Santa Barbara. I went online and got a bunch, from size 6 up to 24. Thought I'd try adding some texture to the handles with some thin cord woven in. Could work out or be another lame waste of time.

Upvote 0

ironmike

ironmike
    Aug 19, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    nope, need to go with you or Cattle Boats
    I'm ordering tarred seine cord not the varmac. Varmac isn't the greatest.
    I'll check it out, thanks Jayson
    My two cents, I love squidco great shop and source… but that varmac stuff just don’t do it for me. Coring bros all the way. I use 28-36 in their stuff.
    Unfortunately I don’t have any varmac with the labels for size reference.Sorry if this wasn’t helpful.
    Right, Squidco Varmac stuff is sooo tarred it stinks, and gets tar on everything. I use Squidco, but never thier twine. Koring Brothers makes the best. They were in Chula Vista, CA., for 50 years and then moved to New York. I think they got a no tax situation as bonus for taking their business there. I talked with Mr. Koring Senior, nice fellow. He said in the San Diego area, L.P. Fishing Supplies on Production Rd. in O'side CA., carried his cord. I get mine there. The smaller the number, the smaller diameter of the cord...The best. Call LP Fishing Supply in Oceanside:
    760 722-8727. Tell Goeff (Owner), Ironmike sent ya there!! He's got guides, blanks and lotsa rod building stuff.

Upvote 0

johnnyrodd

Old glass rules
    Mar 3, 2006
    Irvine
    Name
    johnny
    Boat
    3/4 DAY
    I'm in Santa Barbara. I went online and got a bunch, from size 6 up to 24. Thought I'd try adding some texture to the handles with some thin cord woven in. Could work out or be another lame waste of time.
    In the past I would wrap a handle in #36 or #42, the in between the valley of the cord I would put #12 cord. It makes for a very gripy surface.

Upvote 0