McQuade Outdoors

McQuade Outdoors
Nov 24, 2005
San Diego
Name
john mcquade
Boat
Paddle Board
Looked at the chart last week and found some areas that said they didnt have red tide. After launching i noticed a ton of bait fish and mullet but didnt see any fish cruising the bank all day. Missed 3 snook on top water and that is all she wrote.

Less than 2 minute video for the quick update.

Reactions: SouthBayKiller

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
"pulled out a 1000 tons of marine life" as in, dead fish due to the red tide?

Reactions: McQuade Outdoors

SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 27, 2003
Formerly Long Beach, now Fort Lauderdale area
Name
Robert
Boat
none

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
Thats terrible.

So its a different "redtide" then we get here. Yours is more of a toxic algae? True algae bloom depleting the O2?

Saw a few stories on the Tampa area and the agricultural run off being one the main causes.

Reactions: McQuade Outdoors

SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 27, 2003
Formerly Long Beach, now Fort Lauderdale area
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Thats terrible.

So its a different "redtide" then we get here. Yours is more of a toxic algae? True algae bloom depleting the O2?

Saw a few stories on the Tampa area and the agricultural run off being one the main causes.
I’m not sure if it’s different, what is different is the water is a lot shallower. So the fish have no where to go, it’s red tide from the surface to the bottom for miles.

Blackfish
Blackfish
Our is is more of a zooplankton. Which normally don't deplete the O2. Is the "redtides" you see, more phytoplankton?

It a shame what it has done to that area.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

McQuade Outdoors

McQuade Outdoors
Nov 24, 2005
San Diego
Name
john mcquade
Boat
Paddle Board
Thats terrible.

Yup agriculture from farms factories and just everyday people. All the stuff that goes down the drain hits the water and can feed the red tide.

Upvote 0