Tamarindo Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Central America Fishing Reports' started by Rob Ehlers, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Rob Ehlers

Rob Ehlers Newbie

Name:
    Rob Ehlers
    Boat:
    Bass Tracker
    I will be in Tamarindo the first week of November. I'm looking for a local fisherman to take me out fishing. Species unimportant, I just like to catch fish and take pics. The boat owner can keep all the fish. I like to go with local guys because if I can have fun and they can feed their families we both win. Any help is much appreciated. I will also be surf fishing on my own. Any guidance on lures or places to buy live bait is also appreciated.

2. CRFishingCharters

CRFishingCharters Newbie

Name:
    Jonathan Malavasi
    Boat:
    Pargo Negro
    Hola,
    The only local guys in Tamarindo are the few pangas that go out to catch red snapper if they are biting. They don't go our consistently, only if there is bite. They usually don't take people to ride along and normally they don't speak English. It seems to me like a long shot. You are better off hiring somebody to take you out for $250-$300

3. carnage007

carnage007 Member

Name:
    nick
    Boat:
    to poor
    When we fished out of Tamarindo my buddy just went down to the panags and talked with the captains to get a days worth of fishing. Gotta speak spanish but we got on for $200 for 3 people. Got a sailfish offshore and tried for more but bad weather meant bad water. One of the guys wanted to catch a shark so he took one of the skipjack we caught and dropped it to the bottom and hooked into a bull shark. The captn had no desire to deal with it so he cut the line at the surface. It was a fun day