I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Apr 8, 2010
    Spokane Valley, WA
    Name
    Tim
    Boat Name
    Boston Whaler Dauntless 180
    Interesting read.
    My cousin's husband has been part of the recording/documentation of the Elwha removal/restoration and I have been following it from the sharing of information. Of course there is a perceived "high hopes" of restoration taking the watershed back to a before the dam time and we should see the "glory days" return.

Reality in my "pessimistic mind" is that follow the money as there is an motive for the $$$$.

Upvote 0

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
    Nov 30, 2010
    Redondo/WA
    Name
    Erik
    Boat Name
    "Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
    Frikin' Chile.....really??? IMO, you can't tear down a huge structure that has controlled that river for decades upon decades, and expect returns for at least a decade or two. The amount of silt that got flushed down that river when it was destroyed was immense/HUGE. We can't rush nature, it will be some time still, but they will return.....if there's anything out there to return.

Reactions: troller w
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat Name
    several
    That sounds like one BEAST of a Salmon.
    The gang here says "BS WITHOUT PICS" LOL
    beef.jpg

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat Name
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
    here we are playing grab ass about hatchery vs wild fish in local rivers while mfers are importing and raising our broodstock creating huge runs of big ass salmon halfway round the world and the Great Lakes without a care in the world for how it affects the local ecosystems.

We are so stupid

Upvote 0

critterkiller

AKA Cohobankie
    Jul 18, 2012
    W.Seattle
    Name
    Jefe'
    Boat Name
    1998 Tiderunner Pt. Defiance
    Austral Kings. On my bucket list. I believe they are of Columbia River origin as noted. I suspect a lot of big fish are swept in bycatch. Can't spend 6+ years around here and not get snatched.

Reactions: Rellis
    Upvote 0