oishi

Socal
Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Name
crum
Boat
27ft mako
Headed out from the harbor around 6am. Bait was decent. Cloudy as hell with winds 7kts and swells 1-3ft. Headed to the 371 found shit loads of paddy for nothing only 1 rat yellow released. These are my coworkers emergency doctors. Told them to take a break and come fishing with me. Hahah so they did. I think I gave them more work. Water temp was 69-71 degrees. Long soaked and chummed to bring them out. Also helped that a sports boat was helping all the private boats by throwing a shit load of bait to bring these tunas up. Lost more than we caught due to rookie fisherwomans. But they enjoyed the day and will enjoy the tunas. Oh and saw puddlers at the 425 threw a blue popper and they ripped the shit out of it. Poppers fucking works. I guess they liked the lure and had a reaction bite.

20201021_132658(0).jpg

20201021_113247.jpg

20201021_112048.jpg

Big Eddie

Unreel
Jun 25, 2007
Del Mar
Name
Eddie
Boat
"Unreel" 24 Grady White
Oishi you're a lucky guy to have so many good looking doctors on board! I'm taking a doctor out with me tomorrow but not as good looking as your bunch (he's my son in law). Hope to have similar luck, thanks for the report.

oishi

Socal
Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Name
crum
Boat
27ft mako
Oishi you're a lucky guy to have so many good looking doctors on board! I'm taking a doctor out with me tomorrow but not as good looking as your bunch (he's my son in law). Hope to have similar luck, thanks for the report.
Hahah thanks brother. Hope this helps we went towards the 371 just west of it. Lots of skippies and some yft long soak with size 6 blacktail hooks 15lb test. And puddlers near then 425. Used the popper for the puddlers and got them that way because for some reason they didn't want live bait. Thinking more of a reaction bite. Good luck out there.

jim isbell

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
Didn't look like the Doctors got sea sick--just good old fashioned cast iron stomachs. And I'll bet they didn't worry too much about stopping the bleeding.

Reactions: oishi

jim isbell

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
Way to go and get the overworked docs/nurses etc out for some fun. Hard to believe this Covid crap is not letting up.
I don't know, those two docs are not wearing a mask AND they don't look too worried, when you think about it.

Aku

Basstronaut
Mar 27, 2005
Lakeside
Name
Rick
Boat
Skipjack 263
:appl: :cheers:

Awesome and good Karma

Reactions: oishi

oishi

Socal
Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Name
crum
Boat
27ft mako
Think about it some more LOL. They get tested regularly, wear PPE more then most! Nice to let them breath some fresh clean air without a mask for once?!
True we get tested regularly and if you look closely at our doctors faces they still got PPE scars. Also you have to have covid to give covid. I dont think the covids gonna get worse its plateau but I do believe a different strain of the flu will come this winter. Also different strains of tuna will stay until lobster season is over bwhahaha