TAKE ME FISHING!

PENN

cosmin

Mar 7, 2015
Name
cosmin surgent
Boat
none...
Looking for a boat owner to take a couple of guys fishing. Heard this was a good place to post something like this. New to the website and fairly new to ocean fishing. I have rods, just don't have a boat. Can pay cash for gas bait and time. Please call me at 714-366-5468

Upvote 0

cosmin

Mar 7, 2015
Name
cosmin surgent
Boat
none...
I have tried large boats full of people out of Newport Beach and was told we would be targeting yellowtail. All we did was catch small rockfish. I brought heavy duty gear and could not even feel the fish on the end up my line... I have been fishing out of San Quintin Mexico, but it's a far drive. Most charters out of Orange County are pretty pricy. And I can't always find enough people to fill the boat.

Upvote 0

aquasport18

aquasport18
Jul 30, 2012
san diego ca 92117
Name
the brusier
Boat
21 ft stealh vip cc.
Dam hawkplayer, will pay for gas bait . lets see how many people do we take out that pay for gas and bait hell i will clean the boat . most of the time they just pay for one . caaaaq moooan .b

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Do you have boobs and a vagina? If so cost is negotiable depending on size of boobs.:)

Upvote 0

C-4 Fishing

Feb 4, 2014
Name
Dave
Boat
Kayak
Cosman,
Try deleting this post and putting it on the ride sharing forum.
U will get a lot of bs here as u have seen so far.
Don't do newport unless u use groupon and want to fish with 90 other people.
Try fishing out of long beach and beginning or midweek for lighter loads.

There r a number of 6 pack boats but ur gonna pay a lot more than 100 per person.

Try ride sharing and u might have some luck.
Wish u the best buddy.

Upvote 0

Tailwalker

Tailwalker Sportfishing
Advertiser
Aug 5, 2003
San Diego
www.tailwalkersportfishing.com
Name
Capt "Rich"
Boat
2520XLD Parker rigged and ready for you!
Reactions: peteking
Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

Looking for a boat owner to take a couple of guys fishing. Heard this was a good place to post something like this. New to the website and fairly new to ocean fishing. I have rods, just don't have a boat. Can pay cash for gas bait and time. Please call me at 714-366-5468
Under "California Fishing", there is a forum called "trip planning". This is "fish report". Unless you want to get ridiculed, harassed and completely humiliated by people you have never met, I would finish this post here and start a new post there.

Have a superfantastic day! :ele:

Reactions: peteking
Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
Do what most of us private boat owners have done.

Go on a bunch more open-party trips until you can't take the nonsense any longer. This will motivate you to sacrifice everything and buy a skiff so you "can control your own destiny". Next, piss off the wife because you're gone all the time and rarely bring home fish. Spend your savings trying to keep your skiff alive, torture yourself for years while you go through the slow learning curve of how to identify proper conditions to get bit, spend more $$ on species specific gear, upgrading your skiff, paying insurance, paying storage, paying unsecured property tax and constant maintenance.

Feel the gravel digging into your knees in the wee hours of the morning on the side of I-5 as you figure out how to "McGiver" your busted trailer axle so you can get to the harbor as three of your worthless buddies stand there staring at you while sipping their hot coffee....at 3:00 AM. Piss off the wife some more as you tell her she can't have the bigger house because you need a new tow vehicle as the one you have is under-sized and you just missed getting killed as your skiff pushes your tow vehicle right through a red light.

Get towed in by Vessel Assist numerous times until you have no choice except to stick a skill-saw into the deck of your skiff to cut out your leaking fuel tank and replace it. Watch your bait die 30 miles off shore right when you find the right school of Tuna that wants to die. Did I mention the all-consuming daily quest of staying "in the loop" and digging for just the slightest bit of fishing information...yeah that too.

The actual "fishing" part of going fishing is the easy part for the private boater, we tend to see things in a little different light.

Upvote 0

SQUUID

Almost A Member
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles
Name
Peter
Boat
Trophy Pro 2052 Bayrunner 20 CC Zodiac 10
Do what most of us private boat owners have done.

Go on a bunch more open-party trips until you can't take the nonsense any longer. This will motivate you to sacrifice everything and buy a skiff so you "can control your own destiny". Next, piss off the wife because you're gone all the time and rarely bring home fish. Spend your savings trying to keep your skiff alive, torture yourself for years while you go through the slow learning curve of how to identify proper conditions to get bit, spend more $$ on species specific gear, upgrading your skiff, paying insurance, paying storage, paying unsecured property tax and constant maintenance.

Feel the gravel digging into your knees in the wee hours of the morning on the side of I-5 as you figure out how to "McGiver" your busted trailer axle so you can get to the harbor as three of your worthless buddies stand there staring at you while sipping their hot coffee....at 3:00 AM. Piss off the wife some more as you tell her she can't have the bigger house because you need a new tow vehicle as the one you have is under-sized and you just missed getting killed as your skiff pushes your tow vehicle right through a red light.

Get towed in by Vessel Assist numerous times until you have no choice except to stick a skill-saw into the deck of your skiff to cut out your leaking fuel tank and replace it. Watch your bait die 30 miles off shore right when you find the right school of Tuna that wants to die. Did I mention the all-consuming daily quest of staying "in the loop" and digging for just the slightest bit of fishing information...yeah that too.

The actual "fishing" part of going fishing is the easy part for the private boater, we tend to see things in a little different light.

Priceless.....LOL

Upvote 0

Tuna Master

Almost A Member
Sep 11, 2004
San Diego
Name
Frank
Boat
26,Radoncraft
Grump has it down.

Duck wants to go out for $100...yeah right.

Cost $400 just to put Diesel in the boat, not including cost of towing the boat down, etc.

Good luck Guy!

Reactions: Triggerfish
Upvote 0

peteking

Everybody take a look at the bad guy-T. Montana
Apr 21, 2013
Arcadia/CA/USA
Name
Pete King
Boat
Ohana
Who said anything about girls?

images

...Bruce Jenner will be ready to go in a few months.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Steve Francis

Sep 11, 2006
--
Name
StephenKatSea
Boat
.--.
Certainly appears to fit all of the USCG criteria for "Carrying Passengers for Hire". Capt and the vessel must be properly licensed by the CG. Just sayin' . . . .

Upvote 0

Striper or death

LACSAFD's Professional Captain
Jan 29, 2015
Name
Johnny
Boat
none
wait a fucking second, are you one of those dip shits that would bring a 1950's troller out on the boat and expect yellowtail? I'm pretty sure you haven't caught local yellow tail before buddy. If you cant feel the rockfish then rig up lighter, but if the capt. says your fishing for yellows and you want the possibility to catch them, then don't stop yoyo'n. You sound like a spoiler punk. Oh and don't sound so fucking demanding, "TAKE ME FISHING". makes you sounds like a real pile of dirt. Just my train of thought.

Reactions: eric harner
Upvote 0

hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
Aug 6, 2012
Valencia, CA
Name
Anthony Hicks
Boat
Good Deal
As stated, $100 doesn't cover fuel and bait on most 25+ foot boats. You need to be realistic or you need to fish party boats or buy your own...

Upvote 0