SurfSeeker

Captain
Jan 8, 2014
Santa Barbara
Name
Taylor
Boat
Radon 15 "Bixby Bandit" (SOLD), Hawkins 10, 17' Outrage
In my opinion, I don't think that Anderson customers are going to buy a Tahiti, and the Tahiti owners will never purchase an Anderson. If someone wants to buy a 17' Greenough based boat with all the bells and whistles they will go to Bill. If someone wants a simple fishing platform and doesn't want to shell out so much money they are going to buy a Tahiti 17. Even though the hulls are very similar, the owners are extremely different and they will use their boats extremely differently!

With that being said, the Tahiti's are very inexpensive to purchase... its kinda amazing how low their prices are... it makes you wonder how they are doing it and still making a profit?!

Anderson's Greenough 17 is also a great boat! They are more expensive, but they are all built to the owners needs. If the owner needs a pilothouse they'll build one. If the owner wants a strait shaft diesel, they'll figure it out. Bill can make stuff happen that few other boat manufacturers can even dream about. When it comes to boats, he is an artist who designs and builds unique boats to fit the needs of the buyer.

When you are paying for an Anderson, you are paying for a custom boat built to your specifications. when you're buying a Tahiti you're paying for a production boat with very little room for creativeness.

thats just my two cents and I am sure there are many who will disagree and thats OK...

Reactions: sbsurfer
Upvote 0

ratboy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Nov 18, 2006
sc
Name
jason
Boat
katie sea
No, and to be honest I wouldn't ever comment period if the builder didn't come across as a spoiled self entitled brat.
yup I get it I'm just sick of this thread being neg, as the owner of the first Davidson i did a ton of defending and calling of bullshit so i get it......

Upvote 0

AddyJ

Apr 2, 2016
LBC
Name
Michael johnston
Boat
177 SurfSkiff
Hahaha, I stopped watching this thread when Bill started sending me threatening PMs. I just bought a boat. Btw- the skiff has ran perfectly, tough as nails! I've done local, overnighter to the islands, Baja and Punta Colnet so it has been ran through a good trial. Funny how nobody shits on an Anderson/Radon thread then here comes Bill. Booze?

Upvote 0

Ghoonsquad

Jul 21, 2015
Name
CW
Boat
/
Hahaha, I stopped watching this thread when Bill started sending me threatening PMs. I just bought a boat. Btw- the skiff has ran perfectly, tough as nails! I've done local, overnighter to the islands, Baja and Punta Colnet so it has been ran through a good trial. Funny how nobody shits on an Anderson/Radon thread then here comes Bill. Booze?

Why doesn't this surprise me.......not sure what kind of threats this dipshit could send but clearly this guy Bill has deep rooted issues. Only child syndrome? Daddy issues? Mom didn't hug him enough? I don't know what but issues that have created a narcissist that's been on full display here.

Reactions: AddyJ
Upvote 0

TK7000

May 4, 2016
San Diego
Name
Todd
Boat
Tahiti Offshore
In my opinion, I don't think that Anderson customers are going to buy a Tahiti, and the Tahiti owners will never purchase an Anderson. If someone wants to buy a 17' Greenough based boat with all the bells and whistles they will go to Bill. If someone wants a simple fishing platform and doesn't want to shell out so much money they are going to buy a Tahiti 17. Even though the hulls are very similar, the owners are extremely different and they will use their boats extremely differently!

With that being said, the Tahiti's are very inexpensive to purchase... its kinda amazing how low their prices are... it makes you wonder how they are doing it and still making a profit?!

Anderson's Greenough 17 is also a great boat! They are more expensive, but they are all built to the owners needs. If the owner needs a pilothouse they'll build one. If the owner wants a strait shaft diesel, they'll figure it out. Bill can make stuff happen that few other boat manufacturers can even dream about. When it comes to boats, he is an artist who designs and builds unique boats to fit the needs of the buyer.

When you are paying for an Anderson, you are paying for a custom boat built to your specifications. when you're buying a Tahiti you're paying for a production boat with very little room for creativeness.

thats just my two cents and I am sure there are many who will disagree and thats OK...

We pride ourselves in building custom boats. I think the term gets floated around a lot. A true custom builder is someone who COLD MOLDED style building like the Wanchese NC sporties (Mann, Bayliss, Jarrett Bay) We use a mold and we can customize the colors, layup, bait tank locations, etc. So Semi-Custom is who we are. Our river custom go fast boats are custom. The customer picks every single detail and can be a chore with production scheduling.

If I had to survive on income from surf skiff sales I would be gone long ago. We build a lot of boats, Diversify or Die is my motto. We ship boats out of state as California has been a laggard post recession in the marine industry.

The 177 Surf Skiff has been built for local guys, pump out services, I have one floating in florida as a bay skiff, and my last stock boat is in Seattle which I want to unload. PNW really isnt where the Surf Skiff thrives. It was worth a shot.

White demo skiff BF90 Honda: $19k
New Builds: $22-25k depending on options.
100% hand built, Vinylester Resin, Custom Gel Coat Colors, Suzuki or Mercury Power preferred, can Do Honda and my Yamaha pricing sucks.

The focus is on my 23CC deck design plug right now, we just finished the console plug for the 35T and havasu deckboat sales have been strong. Thanks guys

Reactions: JimmyK and RyanErb
Upvote 0

TK7000

May 4, 2016
San Diego
Name
Todd
Boat
Tahiti Offshore
00n0n_hdWNdGJxee3_600x450.jpg

Upvote 0

Geronimo21

Sep 23, 2016
Flagstaff, AZ
Name
Cam
Boat
Panga
I have seen the AddyJ firsthand. It's a solid piece of workmanship. I'd fish the living $#!% outta something like that. Really solid feel to the fiberglass all around, nice fit & finish. Seakeeping's gotta be 20+ times better than what I ride. I'd scrub & pay gas for a ride any day. Perfect ride for local waters without mortgaging the farm or buying a chinese panga!

-Mike
Mike, what's the AddyJ...I've read through most of the posts here. What am I missing, please?

Upvote 0

AddyJ

Apr 2, 2016
LBC
Name
Michael johnston
Boat
177 SurfSkiff
Bump....skiff is still running like a scolded dog!! New tank\seat being installed next week and Baja trip part deux being scheduled!

Reactions: repo805
Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2017
California
Name
Richard landerer
Boat
I don't have one
I purchased the first "demo" SurfSkiff and after some tweaking we took her out for a sea trial.
Short story- Tahiti Offshore knocked it out of the park with this "big" little skiff!!!
Long story- Coming in at at 17'ft LOA and a 77" beam, the skiff definitely falls into the smaller class of ocean going boats. It's only when you pull away from the dock that the design of the skiff outweighs its size. The cathedral hull makes for a very stable platform and the sharp entry (30*) cuts through the chop like a knife, no rolling and pounding like other 17' rigs. The increased freeboard, hitting a few inches above the knee, makes for a very comfortable fishing platform. The bow consist of a step up casting platform with a sizeable hatch underneath. I installed a hatch in the forepeak to function as an anchor locker. Forward of the center console provides enough room for a 65qt RTIC cooler that will double as a seat. The console itself is huge for a 17' skiff, a great console for standup operation with plenty of dash space for todays built in electronics coupled with hydraulic steering. The T-Top is a sturdy 2" aluminum structure with plenty of sun coverage to escape the Baja sun. Skiff is offered with a nicely welded leaning post or a 35gal bait tank is optional. The transom has two hatches that hold 50lbs of ice each! Suzuki Powered and rests on a aluminum single axle trailer that is built like a tank. The best part-----$22k. Yep, $22k! You wont find a better deal. Feel free to PM or call me and swing by to check it out, I live in Long Beach. If enough guys are interested we can swing down to Davies for some joy rides. BTW- I don't work for nor compensated by Tahiti Offshore. Just a guy who is super stoked on a new skiff that didn't break my bank account.
Specs-- 18.5ft from tip to toe, 77" rail to rail, freeboard 29" stern 45" bow 22" from deck, CC 28"x50"x31", deadrise entry 30* stern 18* chines 30*, 30gal gas, 12x9 Lenco trimtabs, tows beautifully behind my '05 Tacoma.
enjoy the pic's
Bagel View attachment 760707 View attachment 760708 View attachment 760704 View attachment 760705 View attachment 760701 View attachment 760703 View attachment 760706 View attachment 760702 View attachment 760700 View attachment 760709 View attachment 760699
Is this boat still for sale
I purchased the first "demo" SurfSkiff and after some tweaking we took her out for a sea trial.
Short story- Tahiti Offshore knocked it out of the park with this "big" little skiff!!!
Long story- Coming in at at 17'ft LOA and a 77" beam, the skiff definitely falls into the smaller class of ocean going boats. It's only when you pull away from the dock that the design of the skiff outweighs its size. The cathedral hull makes for a very stable platform and the sharp entry (30*) cuts through the chop like a knife, no rolling and pounding like other 17' rigs. The increased freeboard, hitting a few inches above the knee, makes for a very comfortable fishing platform. The bow consist of a step up casting platform with a sizeable hatch underneath. I installed a hatch in the forepeak to function as an anchor locker. Forward of the center console provides enough room for a 65qt RTIC cooler that will double as a seat. The console itself is huge for a 17' skiff, a great console for standup operation with plenty of dash space for todays built in electronics coupled with hydraulic steering. The T-Top is a sturdy 2" aluminum structure with plenty of sun coverage to escape the Baja sun. Skiff is offered with a nicely welded leaning post or a 35gal bait tank is optional. The transom has two hatches that hold 50lbs of ice each! Suzuki Powered and rests on a aluminum single axle trailer that is built like a tank. The best part-----$22k. Yep, $22k! You wont find a better deal. Feel free to PM or call me and swing by to check it out, I live in Long Beach. If enough guys are interested we can swing down to Davies for some joy rides. BTW- I don't work for nor compensated by Tahiti Offshore. Just a guy who is super stoked on a new skiff that didn't break my bank account.
Specs-- 18.5ft from tip to toe, 77" rail to rail, freeboard 29" stern 45" bow 22" from deck, CC 28"x50"x31", deadrise entry 30* stern 18* chines 30*, 30gal gas, 12x9 Lenco trimtabs, tows beautifully behind my '05 Tacoma.
enjoy the pic's
Bagel View attachment 760707 View attachment 760708 View attachment 760704 View attachment 760705 View attachment 760701 View attachment 760703 View attachment 760706 View attachment 760702 View attachment 760700 View attachment 760709 View attachment 760699
Please give me a call at 323-637-5538 if you still have the boat

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2017
California
Name
Richard landerer
Boat
I don't have one
enjoy the pic's
Do you still have this boat available if so please call me at 323-637-5538

Upvote 0