Well-Known "Member"
Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Since hunters went crazy, and drove A22 and D16 to premium tags a couple years ago, I haven't bothered to put in for both tags, just did the D16 and was happy with that. But with both being dropped to restricted instead of premium, that begs a question. Can you hold 2 restricted tags in a year??? Or only one restricted/premium plus one unrestricted?

If I read it correctly, can I get one (A22) in the drawing, then hope that on August 2, there are still D16 tags left to buy? Or is there no legal way to hold both?

surfgoose

active geezer
Jul 29, 2010
Long Beach, CA, USA
Name
Gary
Boat
whichever has the longest bunk
Looking at page 19 of the new Big Game Hunting 2016 brochure, I think that you are reading it correctly. Use your First Deer Tag to apply for the Restricted A22 hunt, and then wait until 8:00 am on August 2 to apply for a Restricted D16 tag, because at that time "all Second-Deer Tag applicants may apply for any remaining deer tag regardless if you have been issued a premium or restricted tag already." You can't put in for two restricted tags early.

Vermonster

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Ok, that "can't apply for a restricted tag using second tag application" gets me each time. So that applies up until the August 2nd time, but at that point, it's all fair game?

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
There weren't that many left over last year so it will be a gamble. I'm just going to keep an eye on the tag number for now.