tunanorth

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Questions were some of the best I've heard in a seminar. The answers? Well they don't call Steve the encyclopedia of knowledge for nothing!

Yes, I loved the questions, they were great.
It may be that people are more comfortable asking questions while watching from home, or on their phone, rather than in a big audience like at Fred Hall.
Also, Celia did not put a time limit on us, so we could take our time answering.

Reactions: Tugboat64
Upvote 0

Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
  • Sep 8, 2017
    La Mirada/Whittier
    Name
    Logan
    Boat
    Wanting a bigger boat
    Yes, I loved the questions, they were great.
    It may be that people are more comfortable asking questions while watching from home, or on their phone, rather than in a big audience like at Fred Hall.
    Also, Celia did not put a time limit on us, so we could take our time answering.
    Covered way more than the tackle day down at San diego, how much time were we limited to? 40 minutes ? lol

Upvote 0

Rogan

Aug 18, 2020
    AZ
    Name
    Rich Brethour
    Boat
    none
    Steve (and the others who responded),

Thank you for the hook info. Appreciated the detailed list. I have read many different answers to that question, but your answer gives me a great place to start and now i can work on buying hooks in preparation for some up coming trips.

Reactions: Tugboat64
    Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
    By the lake
    Name
    Tunanorth
    Boat
    Bass Tracker 16
    Fantastic information and great suggestions. My only issue- no jig stick?

Ha-Ha, I "think" someplace in there I made a disclaimer about "optional" rigs, including surface iron rig, trolling rig, kite rig, Slow-Pitch Jigging, etc. Of course I would never leave the dock without a surface iron rig, but its not as important as the "Basic 5". Depending on your preferences, it would probably be your #6 choice though.
    What's really changed is that the two heavier rigs [FTH40NLD2 and 16VISX], which used to be "fantasy" material, should no longer be considered optional.
    Giant tuna under the boat are a regular occurrence for the past 5 seasons, and its looking like it will happen again this year.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Baller

Jig Chucker
    Nov 16, 2010
    La Mesa
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    American Angler
    Yeah, Steve is a pretty cool cat, I have always enjoyed fishing with him. I like to give him a hard time, he takes my good natured ribbing well but he is truly a stand up guy. Can't say that about a lot of people these days...

Unrelated question:

If I get the the Fathom II 25NSDP and the gear ratio doesn't work for me like I think it will is there a way to purchase the faster 6.whatever gear set that comes in the standard Fathom II 25N..?

Upvote 0

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
    By the lake
    Name
    Tunanorth
    Boat
    Bass Tracker 16
    Yeah, Steve is a pretty cool cat, I have always enjoyed fishing with him. I like to give him a hard time, he takes my good natured ribbing well but he is truly a stand up guy. Can't say that about a lot of people these days...

Unrelated question:

If I get the the Fathom II 25NSDP and the gear ratio doesn't work for me like I think it will is there a way to purchase the faster 6.whatever gear set that comes in the standard Fathom II 25N..?

The 4.8 and 6.0 gear sets are interchangeable, but only within the "II" [gen2] Fathom star drags.
    If you want to "do it yourself", all the usual parts sources like MysticParts.com should have them, and it is possible that Ken Corwin may actually keep both "in stock" [but call him first!].

Upvote 0

Baller

Jig Chucker
    Nov 16, 2010
    La Mesa
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    American Angler
    The 4.8 and 6.0 gear sets are interchangeable, but only within the "II" [gen2] Fathom star drags.
    If you want to "do it yourself", all the usual parts sources like MysticParts.com should have them, and it is possible that Ken Corwin may actually keep both "in stock" [but call him first!].

That is indeed good news Steve. Much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Shane R

Almost A Member
    Jul 30, 2020
    Yucca Valley
    Name
    Shane Reil
    Boat
    Next year hopefully
    Was a great show watched it live. My wife would disagree, due to the fact that I have spent alot of cash getting the must have reels and rods. Went with penn carnage rods and recommend reels just cant buy the international reel yet.

Upvote 0