Swordfish

Clark70

May 27, 2020
St George, UT
Name
Clark Spilker
Boat
Jenny Blue
Looking for some Swordfish Dope. Thinking of entering the tournament. Anyone care to share their dope on locations?

Upvote 0

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
Guys seem to do well on the slope behind Santa Cruz Island . Please put up a report if you land one . Good luck .

Upvote 0

Clark70

May 27, 2020
St George, UT
Name
Clark Spilker
Boat
Jenny Blue
Guys seem to do well on the slope behind Santa Cruz Island . Please put up a report if you land one . Good luck .
Thanks but I'm out of San Diego I'm trying to decide between the 277, 312, 209 267 and the 9 mile bank. 14 mile and all along the coast is closed because of the oil spill.

Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Its gonna literally look like PERFECT STORM... here in the next few days.... go for those swordies brother. When this system blows through... everything's gonna change.

Be ever vigilant.... watch the sats. Those fish are extremely sensitive to atmospheric pressure change..... and at times it drives their Foraging behavior. They'll feast.... then go deep... for days. Good luck Brother if you go. Be safe out there.

Upvote 0

Clark70

May 27, 2020
    St George, UT
    Name
    Clark Spilker
    Boat
    Jenny Blue
    Its gonna literally look like PERFECT STORM... here in the next few days.... go for those swordies brother. When this system blows through... everything's gonna change.

Be ever vigilant.... watch the sats. Those fish are extremely sensitive to atmospheric pressure change..... and at times it drives their Foraging behavior. They'll feast.... then go deep... for days. Good luck Brother if you go. Be safe out there.
    Looking to go next week when the wind dies down.

Upvote 0

NoSlack

Jun 1, 2003
    Spring Valley
    Visit site
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    23' Blackman Billfisher
    Read and understand the tournament rule real well before you pony up the entry fee. When I first read them I was under the impression you needed to follow all IGFA rules. Most of them I could adjust my game to follow, but we couldn't come up with a way to remove the 10 lb sinker without someone helping. If anyone other than the angler touches the rod or line the fish will be DQed. You can't put the rod in a rod holder or let it touch the rail. They are also asking for video coverage from the bite to the fish being landed. If you and your crew haven't landed a few following those rule, take that entry fee and invest in some fuel and baits and go out and catch one on your own scheduled.

There is a steep learning curve to this fishery. Once you get over that and you get your gear and crew dialed in, it's very doable.

Mike

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    I could not find Pilikia on the AIS. Not listed
    Pilikia was down off ensenada yesterday and headed south,looks to be south of bahia assuncion today.

Upvote 0