changboy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 9, 2009
Honolulu
Name
Brian
Boat
"PARIS C" 23 sportcraft custom
:2gunsfiring_v1:Went looking for dinner and Shoots had two boats stopped fighting ahis when we got into the sweet spot then after couple of hours of sightseeing we head to S buoy then the fun starts we take a solid hit on the port corner pole that smoked half a spool from the 80.....my 7 year old daughter paris is going off yelling pull it in....:2gunsfiring_v1:bugga takes a second run and heads to the bottom taking 1/4 spool forcing me to bump up the drag lever....30 minutes later its high fives. Our first Pacific blue (corrected) marlin looks to be over 200 lbs.

Attachments

Last edited:

BNaks

Dec 6, 2009
Mililani/HI/USA
Name
Brandon
Boat
Baby Hawk
Congrats on your first marlin. It must have been a real rush to get it.

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
17' Seaswirl Striper CC, Krystana C.
Brian,
Congrats on your first marlin! I'll bet your son will be talking about this for a long time!

Pupule

Feb 16, 2010
Ewa Beach
Name
Todd
Boat
22 ft Islander
Nice! Congrats on a fine catch, changboy!

russell kato

"Kamoku"
Jul 24, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Name
russ
Boat
15' Arima - Kamoku
Changboy,
Congrats on a fine catch! With all those boats on the water this past week, there were many disappointed fisherman coming away with nothing. That is a good size marlin for sure. I think it may be a PB marlin by the looks of the tail..not sure, but if it is a Stripey, that would be close to the state record of 220+ lbs. Regardless....a great catch!

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Brian and your 7 year old,
Good thing you listened to your son, other wise never hear the end of it. Beautiful fish...

Pat

spock

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 14, 2010
Honolulu, HI
Name
Spock
Boat
17 currentline
Hey Brian,

WTG on your marlin! I'm impressed that you got it in your boat and must have been fun getting it out! (I had a whaler before too!) Congrats!

changboy

Nov 9, 2009
Honolulu
Name
Brian
Boat
"PARIS C" 23 sportcraft custom
I never know PB get stripes too, and yes it was a bugga to get out of the boat over the railings. Getting it in was, real easy cause the transom stay so low.

Attachments