laakea

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 2, 2011
waipahu/hi/ usa
Name
Rob
Boat
laakea
Aloha everyone! We're currently repower in our boat with suzuki outboards new 2017s. Just curious if anyone has any feedback on the engines? As far as maintenance and reliability and even how they strike. Hopefully we will get strikes with the new motors hahah. Mahalo!

mike gaudenti

CARNAGE
Oct 13, 2009
Salt lake
Name
Carnage
Boat
21 force
Got twin 115 Suzuki on my boat. Brand new, only 350 hours on em. They purrrrrrr. I get a heavy boat and they push her good. Heard a lot of good things over the past 5 years so I went with those on the new boat. Fish seem to like em. Go have fun and create alittle carnage for me!

laakea

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 2, 2011
waipahu/hi/ usa
Name
Rob
Boat
laakea
Hey Mike! Mahalo for the quick response really appreciate it! I'm excited Im rebuilding my boat to fit the new engines so hopefully it turns out a successful mission hahaha.
24 yellowfin with twin 150s

mike gaudenti

CARNAGE
Oct 13, 2009
Salt lake
Name
Carnage
Boat
21 force
Hey Mike! Mahalo for the quick response really appreciate it! I'm excited Im rebuilding my boat to fit the new engines so hopefully it turns out a successful mission hahaha.
24 yellowfin with twin 150s
This is mike, Ryan's and roy fish with me time to time. Heard you got white engines from Gavin. Very cool.

LA I KU

Nov 11, 2010
Makaha
Name
Earl
Boat
LA I KU 21' Proline
howzit Laakea i have a 4 cyl 175 4 stroke for 5 years nearly 800 hours. i have had no issues. maintain regularly & keep it clean. main thing is to get someone you trust to do the maintenance or learn from someone who is familiar w/the engines. previously had a Mercury that comes w/Pro Line. this Suzuki is by far better. good luck.

Mar 11, 2006
san diego
Name
curt ljungquist
Boat
22 sea cat/16 klamath
Don't forget to change out the internal zincs on the head. Buy a real shop manual and it makes maintenance real easy. Love my Suzukis

Je_sea

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 15, 2014
Name
Kawaihoa
Boat
18' custom fiberform
Are you guys going to build or buy a bracket?