Pacific Jigger

You’ll never know unless you go
Sep 16, 2019
United States
Name
Bud
Boat
Formula 233
I was really debating about the BH Suzuki 10’ or 9’6”. Are you throwing LC110 or 115 or maybe both? If so was curious how the rod loads up and how you like the action overall.
10’ is the way to go, it’s a lighter action than the 9’6” and more than enough for west coast style surf duty. It’ll really fling the 110, and works well with up to 2oz and can do 3. The Suzuki has a very nice progressive bend under load, but it’s no noodle and has excellent recoil which is why it casts so well. Much higher tip velocity than lower recoil rods. It’s light enough to be fun for surf perch yet it has the balls to fish school size tuna, which it handles better than you’d expect. Kind of the ultimate do all surf rod for the West Coast.

Reactions: Cubeye

coastalwerks

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 20, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Name
Lance De Guzman
Boat
Local Kine!
Thanks for the feedback Pacific Jigger, always good to hear real experience and uses. I’m tempted to pick one up now :-)

Yuri_SD

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 11, 2019
San Diego
Name
Yuri
Boat
none
Is that too soft for SP Minnow and LC? I’m trying to decide which Celilo or SST. Cannot tell what range of lure weight I should be looking for
Not really, seems to work well, but I haven't hooked anything big yet. I wouldn't throw 150, but 110-115 work well.