sierraed

Long rods and big boats
Oct 10, 2011
Ventura, CA
Name
Ed
Boat
Royal Polaris and Intrepid
I love the LC 110. Metallic sardine or any of the sardine patterns work well for me. The ghost white seabass works great too. The bigger halibut will straighten out the hooks if you try to horse it in. When you hook a giant, back down the drag and enjoy the fight. I fish straight PowerPro with my LC's. This was a couple weeks ago off my long board before the swell hit. Almost 29" on the metallic sardine 110 LC.

View attachment 495292
Nice fun board

Preempt

Jul 14, 2015
N County SD
Name
Charlie
Boat
Solona SUP
I primary target perch and crokers using a Carolina rig to a Gulp camo worm(braid>egg weight>swevel >leader>hook). When I run across a spot where the perch is on the chew, I'll often cut the rig and re rig up to my LC, going from braid RP knot to a 15# mono leader. Often finding that the hali's are sticking tight to the perch.

Reactions: gimme

smog7

Oct 20, 2012
ca
Name
omar
Boat
blob
Any particular way you guys carry your stickbaits? Those treble hooks can get real nasty in bags and tackle boxes.

Cubeye

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
I've been tossing the LC110 for about 10 years. Just keep at it. Some folks toss it in a conservative way because they are afraid of losing the lure but my experience has been that if you don't take chances.....you will get bit less often. To date my biggest Halibut is 41", WSB 38", Calico bass 23" and BSP 17"..... Not to mention I've had days when I've caught everything from jack smelt to shovel nosed guitarfish and leopard sharks.All caught on the Flash minnow 110 series. The Flash minnow 110 is a suspending bait and depending on your target species it should be fished in different ways. For example if you are targeting halibut they are ambush predators that lay there waiting for their prey to swim overhead. Species like WSB to perch are open water predators in the surf and will chase your bait down after seeing it in the distance. Calicos on the other hand like to hide tight to structure like boiler rocks with kelp growing on them. As a general rule I fish the 110 only fast enough to keep tension on my line and keep the bait moving only fast enough to make it come alive with the action it has. The longer you keep the bait in the strike zone the greater the chances of getting bit. When my bait is in tight to me within 20 feet or so and the surge pulls out I actually drop my rod tip and walk towards it thereby imitating what a real baitfish would actually do when the current pulls it back out of the shore break. I have been hammered by many species doing this exact thing. Also you will notice that if you fish the bait too fast the hooks will scribe half moon circles on the sides of the bait and wipe out the finish prematurely. Any pattern will work pretty much but I prefer lifelike patterns like MS aurora black, MS anchovy, MS MJ herring and smelt. The MS stands for the Missing Scale pattern which is a far more durable finish. Also.... As a general rule I swap out the stock hooks which are usually black chrome or chrome 36's to ST 41TN which is a stronger hook. A decent sized halibut or WSB will destroy the stock hooks in no time. Last year I got owned by a few huge fish and now I toss my LC's on nothing lighter than 15lb green P-Line CXXG. Mono is far superior to braid IMHO because it has stretch and when braid loses it's coating it gets impregnated with micro sand which over time weakens the internal fibers. If braid hits a mussel coated rock or a rock on the bottom the knot will weaken if not give out all together.
Hope this helps point you in the right direction.
Good Luck and tight lines to ya always.

P.S.
If you really want to see how many patterns are available in the 110 series flash minnow try visiting ilovehardbaits.com which is an ebay seller. Although I prefer to buy my hardbaits from my local tackle shop Bob Sands fishing. I feel that it is important to support your local tackle shop as much as possible.
Keep in mind that a 22" halibut is about 6 to 7 years old and only when it hits that age/size can it actually breed for the first time.

Mike aka BONES
Have you ever tried single hooks on you LCs?
You use straight 15# mono. No more braid?

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
Any particular way you guys carry your stickbaits? Those treble hooks can get real nasty in bags and tackle boxes.
I use a small rubber band to tie the treble hooks together on each lure. Some have two, some have three trebles. I do the same on my spoons that have one treble, but I tie the hook to the ring at the front of the lure.

HighWildFree

Feb 16, 2018
OC
Name
Erik
Boat
Moooo!
Old thread but...

I keep them in their OG packaging, and I remove the middle hook. Helps when releasing fish. Or when dealing with an angry triple hooked halibut.