Surf fishing cabo...

FishEnz

Jun 21, 2020
Utah
Name
Josh
Boat
Triton tr-21 250 merc.
Heading down to the pacifica and the hard rock beach area for a week, was wondering if anyone would know if there are any snapper still around the rocks? Will be also trying for sierras but really want to land a snapper. Will they still be around with colder water temps coming in ? I know they are around in first of may/june any advice would be great thanks.

Upvote 0

ThatOlBoy

I got your well-known member swingin', buddy
Oct 22, 2012
San Diego/Cabo/Gustavus
Name
ThatOlBoy
Boat
Blackman 23, Robalo 23, C-Dory 21, Glasspar 18
Not sure about the Pacific side, but there are still some dogtooths around in the Cortez. Might be worth it to take a day trip up to East Cape. Quite a few Roosters still hanging around up there too.

Upvote 0

FishEnz

Jun 21, 2020
Utah
Name
Josh
Boat
Triton tr-21 250 merc.
Hey thanks ! I will be definitely focusing on the Pacific side and will have to plan a day to east cape we have a rental car so that will work out, punta arena (the point) or further north to barriles or la paz ?

Upvote 0

Liv2 huntnFish

Trying to be the report instead of reading it!
Jan 12, 2012
Bakersfield Ca.
Name
Chasi'n Tails
Boat
2352WA Trophy
I just got back from Cabo last night. We caught Snapper, King Mac and Rooster all on the pacific side Sunday. All our fish were on live macs in 30' of water right up agaisnt the rocks. I know they have 2 days of thunder storms going through Weds and Thurs of this week dont know if that will mess things up.

Jeff

Upvote 0

ThatOlBoy

Oct 22, 2012
San Diego/Cabo/Gustavus
Name
ThatOlBoy
Boat
No need to go to far. Start at Buzzards and just work your way east. Stop and cast at anything that looks promising.

Upvote 0

FishEnz

Jun 21, 2020
Utah
Name
Josh
Boat
Triton tr-21 250 merc.
I just got back from Cabo last night. We caught Snapper, King Mac and Rooster all on the pacific side Sunday. All our fish were on live macs in 30' of water right up agaisnt the rocks. I know they have 2 days of thunder storms going through Weds and Thurs of this week dont know if that will mess things up.

Jeff
Where on the pacific?

Upvote 0

ThatOlBoy

Oct 22, 2012
San Diego/Cabo/Gustavus
Name
ThatOlBoy
Boat
Yeah get to the sj marina and follow signs for Encanto de la Laguna. There's a dirt road that splits off about 100 yards from Buzzards and just runs East along the beach toward Punta Gorda and Zacatito. It can be a little tough to get down from the road to the beach, but that whole stretch is pretty productive. Work the rocks with poppers and jerk baits, and the sandy areas with cabo killers and spoons.

Upvote 0