Mean Gene

Old Fat Guy
Oct 27, 2013
Ennis, Montana
Name
Gene
Boat
The Searcher
With us building a house right now my chances of getting to go this year are slim, but maybe there will be some "too good to be true" thing in the fall. There is nothing like LR fishing and I sure don't want to see it disappear.

Reactions: SCHeadhunter

tunachris

Oct 16, 2005
Azusa, CA
Name
Chris Lomax
Boat
none
Fished the Royal Star March 1-9, 2012 out of Mazatlan. Got back to a whole new world, thanks to Covid 19. Customs didn‘t even want touch my paperwork. Wondering when my next trip may be? Was going to fish Prince Edward Island this fall, but holding off until things sort out now. Bit of a shame, as I hear large schools of BFT near Cedros currently.

nicodemus

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 10, 2012
ALBUQUERQUE
Name
Nicholas Bronson
Boat
themodcatfish
Well, I have until April 30 to cancel my 10-day on which I have a deposit. And while there is some buzz about a late fall/winter resurgence of virus, I'm going to stick it out and hope and pray for the best. We are scheduled to leave on Oct 30th.

In support of my decision to leave my deposit down and with high hopes of fishing, I completed my second long range setup minutes ago. I scored a Torium 20 HGA on the classifieds here. Will pair it up on my Calstar grafighter 765xl for my 30 lb. setup. As soon as the "hunker down" mandates are lifted, I'll be at the park practicing my casting. Or, might just climb on my roof and cast onto the neighbors' roofs in the meantime. lol

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)

Recreational Fishing Alliance
PO Box 250 New Gretna, NJ 08224
888 564-6732 [email protected]
For Immediate Release​

April 2, 2020

Just about every business in the recreational fishing industry has been impacted by COVID-19 and actions taken by federal, state and local governments to slow the spread of the novel virus. Beginning on Friday, April 3, small businesses including marinas and tackle shops, can apply for loans available through the Small Business Administration (SBA). These loans are part of the $2 trillion COVID-19 relief package, CARES ACT, passed by Congress and signed by President Trump last week. The CARES Act includes upwards of $350 million of forgivable loans to pay for up to eight weeks of payroll costs, including benefits. The loans can also be used to pay mortgages, rent and utilities. These loans become available at a time when many recreational fishing related businesses are experiencing massive declines in revenue and short falls with cash flow. These loans may prove to be extremely helpful for businesses and their employees to get through the next two months as policies remain in place to minimize the impact of virus on our nation. Use the following link to learn more about these loans and to check your eligibility. https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources

While there has been guidance and financial support provided at the federal level, most policies regarding social distancing, essential businesses and stay at home orders have been carried out at the state and local levels. Thus, policies that impact our ability to go recreational fishing and recreational fishing businesses vary from state to state. The National Marine Manufactures Association (NMMA) has put together a useful list which allows you to review the COVID-19 mitigation rules by each state. Use

the following link to review the various policies.

http://nmma.net/assets/cabinets/Cabinet488/NMMA_COVID%20State%20Resources%20One%20Pager_3.31.20.pdf

If you have specific questions regarding financial assistance programs or measures in your particular state don’t hesitate to contact us. It is also important to remember that anglers have a responsibility to comply with social distancing rules even when outside fishing. We can’t stress enough how important it is to follow these guidelines not only for the sake of public health but also so we are allowed to continue fishing during these trying times.

Cubeye

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor

Recreational Fishing Alliance
PO Box 250 New Gretna, NJ 08224
888 564-6732 [email protected]
For Immediate Release​

April 2, 2020

Just about every business in the recreational fishing industry has been impacted by COVID-19 and actions taken by federal, state and local governments to slow the spread of the novel virus. Beginning on Friday, April 3, small businesses including marinas and tackle shops, can apply for loans available through the Small Business Administration (SBA). These loans are part of the $2 trillion COVID-19 relief package, CARES ACT, passed by Congress and signed by President Trump last week. The CARES Act includes upwards of $350 million of forgivable loans to pay for up to eight weeks of payroll costs, including benefits. The loans can also be used to pay mortgages, rent and utilities. These loans become available at a time when many recreational fishing related businesses are experiencing massive declines in revenue and short falls with cash flow. These loans may prove to be extremely helpful for businesses and their employees to get through the next two months as policies remain in place to minimize the impact of virus on our nation. Use the following link to learn more about these loans and to check your eligibility. https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources

While there has been guidance and financial support provided at the federal level, most policies regarding social distancing, essential businesses and stay at home orders have been carried out at the state and local levels. Thus, policies that impact our ability to go recreational fishing and recreational fishing businesses vary from state to state. The National Marine Manufactures Association (NMMA) has put together a useful list which allows you to review the COVID-19 mitigation rules by each state. Use

the following link to review the various policies.

http://nmma.net/assets/cabinets/Cabinet488/NMMA_COVID%20State%20Resources%20One%20Pager_3.31.20.pdf

If you have specific questions regarding financial assistance programs or measures in your particular state don’t hesitate to contact us. It is also important to remember that anglers have a responsibility to comply with social distancing rules even when outside fishing. We can’t stress enough how important it is to follow these guidelines not only for the sake of public health but also so we are allowed to continue fishing during these trying times.
I've heard the many of the boats have already applied for all applicable loans and aid that the government has offered. Now to sit back and wait for a reply.

PS............if you're a sportfishing boat owner and haven't done this, you're behind the 8 ball. This also applies to commerical boats also.

fyermn

Sep 2, 2005
Utah
Name
Dan
Boat
LONG RANGE fishing
The only reason the Q105 left was it could not pass CG inspection. The fleet will still be the fleet with the same boats. Maybe ownership changes.
The reason the Q-105 left was because John would not put any money back into the boat to keep it up to date. He lost customers and more money and finally had the boat taken away.

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
I know... a lot of people waiting to purchase the boat to get in the long range business. Had loyal customer base. If the boat was kept up someone would have taken the keys to the business. As it was, too expensive to repair to pass inspection. Rohr Aircraft made in early 70’s, Bruce Barnes had it made. The aluminum alloy was not the best and problems there.