Super Seeker CJBF 100

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by DIS, May 11, 2017.

1. DIS

DIS Member

Name:
    DIS
    Boat:
    One day....
    Hello all,
    I just picked up a Super Seeker CJBF 100.... The rod feels great but I just cant find any information on this particular rod. The only thing I know is that it was Long Beach made.... If anyone knows any information about this rod including the line rating and what iron works best would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

bhawk0030 likes this.
  2. sandslingerxxx

sandslingerxxx Newbie

Name:
    Sam
    Boat:
    N/A
    One of my favorite jigsticks. Very versatile rod with a lighter tip buts still good backbone. Will cast smaller and full size jigs fine. I fish 40 on mine, but will fish 30lb no problem is you are gonna fish barracuda or the smaller yellows we are getting offshore right now. Catalog rating is 25-50 and you will find more specs in the new catalog. Also, the built model from the factory is labeled 6500.

3. SouthBayKiller

SouthBayKiller I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    none
    Sam gave me the same advice and I am glad I took it. Awesome 40lb jig stick with a distinct shutoff point about midway down the blank, you get the feel of a classic glass rod when loading up casting but get the pulling power of a more modern rod.

The 75lb bluefin in my avatar was taken with mine on a popper. Not sure I'd grab the 10' rod for that again, but gives you an idea of its capabilities. It really excels at casting 45-7x sized jigs and feels real good pulling on 20lb+ yellows. Over all, I'm very happy with mine.

4. DIS

DIS Member

Name:
    DIS
    Boat:
    One day....
    Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.

I read online that a lot of people like cutting this rod down.... usually about 4 inches from the top and 2 inches from the bottom. Anyone have experience with that?

5. swami 805

swami 805 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Bill
    Boat:
    sunk it
    Don't cut it, leave it at 10'. No real advantage cutting it, will cost you a bit of casting distance. A 9'6" will kick your ass just as bad as a 10'. The beauty of that rod is in the soft glass tip.

jiggyn likes this.
  6. jiggyn

jiggyn Do you even fish?

Name:
    Jerr
    Boat:
    That boat!
    Yup never ever cut a rod IMO
    You just ruined what it was initially designed to do

But if your willing to buy a second one that go for it

Let em eat 74 likes this.
  7. Let em eat 74

Let em eat 74 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    Whichever1is leaving
    My experience is that cutting a blank does not make them heavier necessarily, but only limits how light of a jig it will throw effectively. Leave it to length is my .02.