I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Jason
Boat
Baby = sold boat
Excel Reports in:

Justin Fleck called in to give us an update on the Excel, "The past two days down here on the Ridge and we have had very, very good fishing. Things are changing down here, changing for the better. Wahoo moving in, Dorado moving in, school sized tuna moving in. The Yellowtail fishery down here is unbelievably good. I can't believe the amount of fish that has been around this year.

Fun, fun fishing down here, the exciting part is the big Wahoo. I can't say enough about how big these Wahoo are. Most of them are in the 40 - 50 lb. range with some 60 and 70's mixed in. It is a real treat for these guys. I think we have about 60 of these things so far. Really, really nice Wahoo. The guys are having a blast, not to mention that the weather is flat calm down here. It is a picture perfect 10 day right now. We are going to spend one more day down here before we start working our way up. We'll try for a few more of these jumbo Wahoo. They are calling them "Super-Hoos" because they are so big. We'll check in tomorrow."

CHUBACA6

Jul 29, 2007
LA
Name
Oscar
Boat
none yet
When did Steve Thompson start working on the Excel?

djhaul

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 7, 2006
Hermosa Beach
Name
Daniel Hall
Boat
what ever i can get on
That's great news! See y'all november 12th! Anyone else on here going on that trip?

chuck norris

just turn the handle
Jun 13, 2008
Long Beach Ca
Name
Chuck Norris
Boat
USS Kitty Hawk
Good for them. I was down in that area last week and there were no tuna or wahoo....huge bummer. Lots of yellows and dodo's. Missed it by a few days........

Sactotuna

Oct 20, 2005
sacramento
Name
jim
Boat
Royal Star
Great photos of slug wahoo!!
Right place right time, gotta love it.

fishordie

Aug 31, 2005
Calabasas CA
Name
Jamie
Boat
2013 Ranger Z521 with 250 Merc.: Now deceased.. Thank goodness
S W E E T

Jamie

backlashjack

Scallywag
May 14, 2007
Alta Loma, CA
Name
Jackson
Boat
Sold the boat, now I just rent a stateroom on the EXCEL
shooulda, woulda, coulda...... Nice, veryvery nice

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Highliner
Those fall ridge wahoo tend to be biguns. That's where I caught my largest. It's been slim pickings on skinnies on the ridge for quite some time, I've always felt the yachts heading south cleaned them off.

Perhaps the little window due to the hurricane allowed the long range boats to scrape some up.

It sure is great news, things were looking a bit bleak.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Good ones. Seems kinda funny to say it this way, but those are some Fat Skinnies!

rdrrm8e

Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
When did Steve Thompson start working on the Excel?

No shit...! I saw that as well. I knew he and Pam came back from Belize a couple years ago...but I haven't heard from him since.

Man...we had some epic trips on the Tracer....for many years.

Rich was the best overnight deckhand...hands down. Steve looks well!

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid

No shit...! I saw that as well. I knew he and Pam came back from Belize a couple years ago...but I haven't heard from him since.

Man...we had some epic trips on the Tracer....for many years.

Rich was the best overnight deckhand...hands down. Steve looks well!
Wow!!!!!! Memories of the Tracer:hali_olutta:.......now I am really looking forward to my trip next year on the Excel and fishing with Steve.........

Bill Erhardt

Jan 1, 2006
Loreto, Mexico
Name
Bill Erhardt
Boat
Bluewater 23T "Soledad"
I launched at Lopez Mateos yesterday morning and was at the high spot with two in the box when the Excel pulled up around daybreak. They were hooked up almost immediately. Here's a pic of the double that topped off my daily limit at 8:45 a.m. sporting the lures they could not resist. I left the Excel to it shortly thereafter and went off looking for yellowfin......

Attachments

CHUBACA6

Jul 29, 2007
LA
Name
Oscar
Boat
none yet
Wow!!!!!! Memories of the Tracer:hali_olutta:.......now I am really looking forward to my trip next year on the Excel and fishing with Steve.........
My buddies and I would charter the Tracer twice a year , at pierpoint and San Diego and we had alot of great trips with Steve. He always seemed to pull the rabbit out of the hat on tuna trips with us. Good get for the Excel , definetely gonna ride it next year.