2strokepoke

nimrod
Sep 14, 2010
orange, ca usa
Name
danny
Boat
dammit danny! 26' skipjack flybridge
i don't know where else to post this but i'd like to get everyones opinion and plans on what their plans are. with the end of the month creeping up, who plans on paying and who doesn't plan on sending the check? both myself and my wife have been diligently calling the city trying to get answers. seems like you have to be a bullet dodger to work for the city or the marina. let me know, i'd like to hear others ideas. I'm thinking more along the lines of "if there is enough blow back towards sunset aquatic, maybe nancy will start putting some pressure on the city as well. either the months of the closure are waived by the marina, or the city will compensate".

Hooops

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"
Don't pay - I figure its a perfect time to sell my house in HH with 30Ft boat dock.

Reactions: Blackfish

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
I would read your contract or consult an attorney. The storage facility may have a clause regarding such events and the right to lien your boat, I would make sure. That could end up being a more pricey issue, and in the same thought, maybe you would have some recourse?

On the bridge, who owns it? City? Orange County? Seal Beach or Huntington Beach? Any body know who is responsible for that bridge?

2strokepoke

nimrod
Sep 14, 2010
orange, ca usa
Name
danny
Boat
dammit danny! 26' skipjack flybridge
I would read your contract or consult an attorney. The storage facility may have a clause regarding such events and the right to lien your boat, I would make sure. That could end up being a more pricey issue, and in the same thought, maybe you would have some recourse?

On the bridge, who owns it? City? Orange County? Seal Beach or Huntington Beach? Any body know who is responsible for that bridge?
The "dock master", and we'll leave her title at that has told me on different occasions that the city of Huntington beach is who I should be calling, then on another occasion, she told me to call the county, because it's their responsibility. Then the guy who was turning people around the weekend of the closure told me the state came in with divers and ordered the shut down. So who really knows, every institution is slow to respond except for the marina, she is a broken record about how it's not her problem, and offers no help or alternatives, just "pay your bill, or it will immediately be sent to collections".

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
The best thing to do might be to pay the bills now then when everything is over sue the marina and the city in small claims court for a full or partial refund. The judges are usually pretty fair and they often come down on the side of the little guy who got screwed. I've sue my local city twice and won both times. Once when a city tree fell on my roof and once when the PD pried open the trunk of my wife's car looking for a dead body. The dead body smell was from the fresh manure in the parking lot planter and they still wouldn't pay for the damages until it actually went to court and the judge sent us into the hallway to work out a settlement.

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
It is not the marinas fault. That being said a good PR move would be to offer a discount. The city, county, state would be better options, but you are not going to get anything out them without legal action.

JRipper

...bingo!
Dec 31, 2012
HB/CA/USA
Name
Ronnie
Boat
33' Riviera
Nancy Nancy Nancy, she's a peach! Somebody needs to take her out for dinner, sack up guys! The bridge is owned by the city &
the marina is providing a water taxi service while the city completes the construstion of the bridge so if you dont send nancy your check then you probably wont have a boat when the chaos is over!

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
Nancy Nancy Nancy, she's a peach! Somebody needs to take her out for dinner, sack up guys! The bridge is owned by the city &
the marina is providing a water taxi service while the city completes the construstion of the bridge so if you dont send nancy your check then you probably wont have a boat when the chaos is over!
There you go, seems like due diligence on their part to get you to the boats!

ISLAND BOUND

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 18, 2006
Orange County
Name
Mike
Boat
26 striper White Knuckles
We have our boat in there, I can't believe they just shut it down like that. They could of at least let people get their boats out now they are stuck in there .

I went by today and the county has set up a van to take you from the bridge area to a water taxi somewhere that takes you over to the docks, maybe the ramp not sure. Hours are from 8 am to 7 pm. I hear they are going to have a launch service but not sure, either way think about what a pain in the ass it would be to go fishing this way.

I would be happy just to be able to get it out somehow, there is a road but it's on the navy base so there is a way out. Not sure if the navy will let anybody on it or not.

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
i don't know where else to post this but i'd like to get everyones opinion and plans on what their plans are. with the end of the month creeping up, who plans on paying and who doesn't plan on sending the check? both myself and my wife have been diligently calling the city trying to get answers. seems like you have to be a bullet dodger to work for the city or the marina. let me know, i'd like to hear others ideas. I'm thinking more along the lines of "if there is enough blow back towards sunset aquatic, maybe nancy will start putting some pressure on the city as well. either the months of the closure are waived by the marina, or the city will compensate".
So you're posting this over a rent payment? Just move the boat. The Sunset ramp is a dump and haven't used it in years. You have to run to LB for bait anyway. Exit, stage left and don't pay.

Hooops

Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"
50ft docks come free with $3Million dollar homes... that's why you find a home owner with an empty dock... sounds familiar right?

Homes in the harbor are selling unreal right now - I am actually really considering cashing in.

flyinverted

Apr 24, 2012
Fullerton, CA
Name
Steve
Boat
Trojan F32