Fishrdan

3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
18' Crestliner Superhawk, 14' Tracker "Fish Git' RRR"
My son has next week off school and I decided to take the family up for some camping and fishing. Anyone familiar with this area and know what the current conditions are?

Looks like Sunnyside is going to be in the mid 60's and probably our best bet camping wise, but I wouldn't mind heading up To Ely and getting into some pike,,, if the ice is off Comins.

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
Hey Dan - One of the regulars over at Floyd Lamb Park was talking about sunnyside the other day he fishes there, he might know the scoop. If i see him in the next few days i will try to get some 411. His name is Greg, but i dont think he is on BD. Is that the same as McGill? They just put 7000 trout in that place. Sounds like a fun camping trip.

Fishrdan

3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
Yup, Adams and McGill reservoirs or Wayne E Kirch Wildlife Area. There are actually 4-5 lakes in the chain, but some of them are closed to fishing for what ever reason. They have largemouth bass in there also,,,,, so I'm bringing some swimbaits :D

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
those guys were talking about it last week. Im pretty sure its not frozen up there. i will report back with any info i acquire.

Fishrdan

3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
Yeah, I don't want to cruise all the way up to Ely and have the lake iced up. Did that a few years ago, stopped at night, lake looked "wierd" by car headlights and the rock I threw into the lake went Tink, Tink, Tink

I might call of the F&G office up in Ely and ask, if they pick up,,, haven't had luck getting a call back in the past.